What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spam

Fleurs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I qm receiving so many spam messages with the addresses such as "[email protected]" and they take forever to delete. Now today i have 5 that i have received and they have locked my entire email system down. I can't even skip over them for later deletion (one at a time) and try to delete normal messages. I really don't know what to do except to delete the email message they are coming to on my iPad (it's a 1). My laptop PC handles them fine. They go right to the spam/junk folder and get blocked. I am at my wit's end. Why doesn't Apple offer some spam filter? What can I do except what I said: delete the email address that is getting the messages. I have 2 other addresses which I use for friends, never for orders, shopping, etc. thanks anyone for a suggestion......... Besides Apple, get busy on spam control!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Get a free Gmail address, and forward all your other email addresses to it. Gmail has arguably the best spam filters in the business, plus you can add your own filters in the webmail interface. While you're there, set the account up as IMAP instead of POP, so you can read it in a browser or download messages to any of your computers without worrying about synchronization. I still get a handful of spam messages, but none of them cause the problems you're having. Gmail is currently trapping about 150 spams per day, which never reach my inbox.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
F

Fleurs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great idea. How do I forward one email address to a gmail address? Through settings?
I still am thinking of simply deleting this particular address completely from my iPad, and let my PC take care of the junk.
Thank you.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, each email service will have its own way of setting up an account to forward all incoming messages to another address. If you want your replies to appear to come from the original address, you'll find a few more hoops to jump through at Gmail, but its a one-time setup chore. After that, it just works.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Most reactions

Latest posts