What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sinking in spam!!

sunsetslinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there have been a few posts about spam, but I am going nuts with the amount of junk coming into my ipad 2. I have an email account that has my [email protected]. I have the highest filters put on my desktop computer, and on my ISP account, but despite that all the spam I get (about 100 per day) come thru in duplicate (200 on average)to my ipad. What can I do?? I do not want to get a new email address as it is such a hassle to change it and I will still get spam into it in due course.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks :mad:

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Get a gmail account and turn on forwarding to the gmail account from [email protected]. Then, you can always put [email protected] in as the "Reply-To". Set up IMAP on the gmail side. It is not hard, and works really well. With the Reply-To changed, everyone will still think it is [email protected] that is sending the messages, even though everything is going through the gmail filters.

Gmail does an excellent job filtering mail.

OP
S

sunsetslinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant Somerled, thanks so much. This dinosaur will amble off and try that......I may be gone some time and I may be back!!

OP
S

sunsetslinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phew!! I followed the instructions in "how to access g-mail with Outlook Express using IMAP and I think I have succeeded except I keep getting this error message when I press send and receive for "download all mail from Googlemail". Confused!!

Header download for the '[Google Mail]' folder did not complete. Could not select '[Google Mail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com (1)', Server: 'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: [Google Mail] (Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

Most reactions