What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create forms that can be filled out

Archon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New App - Stratus

Try the app - Stratus

Hello I am new to the Forum but not building apps. We have a new iPad app about to be released called Stratus. It allows you to upload custom forms to the iPad. Then you can save, email, or run reports on the forms contents.

Check it out our website at Archon Apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richmonddjs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own a DJ company and do it for a living. I use PDF Expert. I imported my contract as a PDF with the fillable fields left blank so I can edit a new contract each time with the customers name and other detailed info for the event. I then put them in a drop box and give the customer the link if I email it to them. If we meet in person they not only get an email of the agreement before we meet but they can sign the agreement right on my iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richmonddjs said:
I own a DJ company and do it for a living. I use PDF Expert. I imported my contract as a PDF with the fillable fields left blank so I can edit a new contract each time with the customers name and other detailed info for the event. I then put them in a drop box and give the customer the link if I email it to them. If we meet in person they not only get an email of the agreement before we meet but they can sign the agreement right on my iPad.

Now that is excellent use of the iPad for business and good advice! I used to DJ up until about a year ago and I wish we used this back then.

Hi Richmonddjs and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

The Archangel

TXTextControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try TX Text Control .NET Server? You can publish MS Word templates as your forms. You don't have to design them.

www[dot]textcontrol[dot]com/en_US/blog/archive/20110818/

RenderPlus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.renderplus.com
Cirrus by Archon Apps seems to be exactly what you all need. I can allow custom forms and reporting. As well as send emails as pdf.

Cirrus was accepted by Apple today, so you can install the free version. The free version can be used to fill out some basic forms, mark up photos, and turn the completed form and images into a Pdf document.

Robin34221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just put up a form on a webpage and fill it out online? Then you don't have to synch, and the data is available in real time to everyone using it.
This sounds good but I don't know how to do it. Can you elaborate please? I would be eternally grateful.

RenderPlus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.renderplus.com
Why not just put up a form on a webpage and fill it out online? Then you don't have to synch, and the data is available in real time to everyone using it.
This sounds good but I don't know how to do it. Can you elaborate please? I would be eternally grateful.

I don't see how that could work. With Cirrus, we store all the completed forms in a Cloud SQL database, so you can search, summarize and report on completed forms.

pearlmckardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also go for file transfer iPad in order to solve your problem. I have used it when i was suffering from the same problem and it is really amazing.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(( EDIT )) Yikes.... I didn't realize there were three more pages of replies when I wrote that below. If it was already covered as I expressed it, well.... oops.

I'm going to go back to the suggestion of having the form as an HTML document (or Web Page). It can easily be kept somewhere on the iPad (I have two or three choices myself), brought up in a browser (I like iCab - which can also hold the form/html page and recalled), filled out, saved, then emailed or distributed/reviewed as needed.

It just DOESN'T need to be a PDF.

Just about any 10 year old with some HTML writing abilities could work one up for you. (Not an insult, just an observation about 10 year olds these days)

Good luck

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

yokley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used both FormEntry and iFormBuilder.

FormEntry was inexpensive and a little unstable - the app kept crashing.

iFormBuilder was rock solid and has lots of back end integration options. It's a little more expensive, but if you're running your business on iPad forms, well worth the dosh.

CodeSmoke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a REALTOR and I use PDF Expert and Dropbox and it works great. All my client folders are in Drobox so no matter where I update the form every devices has the latest version whether it's my laptop, iPhone, or iPad.

PDF Expert will sync with dropbox or allow you to upload each document on it's own. This app is a must for anyone that works with fallible PDF's, it supports combo boxes, check boxes and everything else. Plus I get faxes in that are all upside down so I open it in PDF Expert, select all pages and rotate them around, sign the contract and email it to the title company or client and that's it.

Robin34221

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to create a form, preferably with drop down items (like equipment numbers) for my field people to complete on their iPads and email back to the office. I am totally new to this....do I need an App to create the form first? And then what....?

Try FormConnect - it's a great program with drop down availability and much more.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to create a form that can be filled out on the iPad

specifically I do property management and would like to have my rental applications iPad based where they can fill out the info directly on my iPad. it doesn't matter where the form has to be created, ideally I can create forms like these on MS Word and transfer them to iPad. any suggestion?

UPDATE

iPad Forum members please help get this idea to the top of the list it will be a huge help for many people, just sign up for the website so you can vote.

One word, TapFormsHD. It is all I ever need. It is fast, cheap, and it is easy to customize. It solved my need for databases and forms and such.

FormotusGlen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For custom forms you can create without coding that work offline as well as online, check out Forms Central by Formotus. Great for property management, inspections, many uses.

Most reactions

Latest posts