What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to create forms that can be filled out

InPro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Exzact or Pronto Forms

I am also looking to build forms for our sales reps to fill out on their ipads. Exzact just released an iPad client that will allow you to build forms, send emails, and capture the data in a database. It is their first version with more updates coming. I also looked at Pronto Forms. They make forms for the iPhone and BB. You can use them on the iPad, but they are blurry.

gpandiyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad forms

Google "Mi-Co" for customizable form-filling software for inspections and mobile needs.

At the moment available via Safari on iPad, but an iPad native version coming soon!

Jchryss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update

Numbers forms doesnt really work well except for filling out a single spreadsheet. ExZact requires 50 dollars a month (or more account) Mi Co doesnt have anything for ipad or iphone (yet).

I think this is a huge idea for a developer to make a mint. Paper forms that can be scanned into a pdf format and then uploaded to the ipad with different types of fields as well as signature and then outputed via email or printing is what I am looking for. Database capabilities would be even better but not necessary. The "Simple Invoices" app by Breaux software for the ipad is exactly what I am looking for but with my forms.

Someone will make a lot of money with such an app.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on Simple Invoices - this was exactly what I was looking for when I first got my iPad; in the meantime I've put together a simple Numbers template that does the job, but good to know about. Have you considered contacting the developer of Simple Invoices and seeing if they have any kind of 'form-filling' App in development? Sounds like a one-man band, so he may be amenable to the idea??

Pete

Drak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an App called Database for iPad, has csv export features which I have not tried yet but the rest of it is very easy to work with, currently setting up a Movie database for myself with it, do a seach on iTunes, it's also free :)

Jchryss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
re Simple Invoices

I have contacted him and he is not able to create custom forms and does not comment on such an app. I would not blame him for not volunteering that information if he was planning on creating that app. I would like an app exactly like Simple Invoices but with my forms and I think any developer that creates such an app could make a ton of money. I would think that someone will make such an app eventually.

OP
I

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
I

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
updated the first post with the info to vote for that idea, hopefully it gets pushed through because its a huge feature I would love to have.

NND

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cellica has launched Form Feature for their "Database Viewer Plus for iPad" application.
This is stright forward application. Just select your tables (create profiles) and design forms in Desktop side database and sync from iPad. You are ready to use the forms on iPad.
User can design form on desktop with Label, Text Field, Buttons, Checkbox, Combo box, Tab control.
It supports MS Access, MS Excel, FilePro ,Oracle, SQL Server, FoxPro, dBase, CSV and any ODBC Compliant Database
Form data will be submitted directly to user's database on his desktop wirelessly.

Paperboy40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fillable forms

I'm new here but joined mainly to get an answer to the same problem. I am a real estate agent and would like to have contracts that could be filled out and signed on the ipad. Any good responses yet? Have read many but not good options.

Nobel6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you consider Noterize? I just saw a clip of it ans was wondering if it is any good.

momvetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you do with the form once it is filled out? Print out a hard copy, or enter the info into some other system?

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts