What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add PFD file to the iPAD?

jderanek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than email the long pdf to myself how can I get a pdf instruction guide for my new camera on the iPAD? Thanks for any help!:confused: duh - mis-spelled pdf in the title...

Not looking for the instruction book for IPAD - want to add the instruction book for my new Canon camera - ideas?

Last edited:

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open iTunes ,then Files , then Add to Library ,then Choose and add your file. You should then see it in iBooks.
I just did the same for my new camera too ....

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can open any PDF in safari and if you tap any page in the PDF once a menu bar will appear at the top of the PDF and then select "open in iBooks". The PDF is automatically downloaded to iBooks and will be available offline.

Sent from my iPad 32/3G using iPF

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To add the pdf directy to the iPad, open Safari and navigate to the Canon website. Go to brochures and manuals. Download the manual. After it is downloaded, the title bar, with the option to "open in" will briefly appear. Just tap the document to get it back. The "open in" option will indicate a reader that is compatible that you have on your iPad. I believe the default is iBooks. If you have more than one reader, the last one you used will be indicated. But, you have the option to change it. Once you have selected the reader, the manual will be on it's bookshelf.

Akaroads beat me to it.

akaroads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better answer drb_52, mine is the Readers Digest version.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akaroads said:
Better answer drb_52, mine is the Readers Digest version.

And mine must have been made with me missing the bit about cannon......d'oh!

The Archangel

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
drb_52 said:
To add the pdf directy to the iPad, open Safari and navigate to the Canon website. Go to brochures and manuals. Download the manual. After it is downloaded, the title bar, with the option to "open in" will briefly appear. Just tap the document to get it back. The "open in" option will indicate a reader that is compatible that you have on your iPad. I believe the default is iBooks. If you have more than one reader, the last one you used will be indicated. But, you have the option to change it. Once you have selected the reader, the manual will be on it's bookshelf.

Akaroads beat me to it.

I didn't know that , it's much easier ! Thank you for the info.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts