What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much space is left on your device?

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a thread asking the 64 users how much space they have left. I don't want to step on that thread, but I am curious about how much space everyone is using, whether you have a 16, 32, or 64.

I wish I had a 64; its what I would've gotten for myself. However, my boyfriend thought he'd surprise me with a new iPad, and got a 32. Its engraved, so I can't exchange it. At any rate, I have 24 gb free on my device. I must not be using it right!!

Books...on my Kindle or in the Amazon cloud, with the exception of one or two on the iPad
Music...on my iPhone, or in the iTunes cloud, again with the exception of a dozen or so songs.
Movies/TV...none.
Photos...a handful, mostly from my iPhone stream

Books, music, video seem to be a big space hog. (Anyone remember that band?)

The biggest app I have on my iPad is the Ikea catalog, which is 497mb.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
When you say you're not using it right, like what? too much or too little? 8 gig can quickly be swallowed up by a few songs,books and apps.

I have a 64 with around 20 or so left. Got about 10 books, 15 albums, zero photos, 3 films and a shed load of apps. Treat your device as a temporary holding ground. Make good use of iTunes and syncing. I personally wouldn't just use my device as a duping ground to keep all my available media.

Last edited:

DanBarraclough04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 3 HD Movies, about 10 Books, 106 Apps with the biggest being GarageBand (1.1GB) and almost 300 Photo's and I have 9.4GB available. I have a 32GB iPad too :)

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad 32g is almost full, with just a couple of gig left. I have a lot of music on it, and load up movies when we are going on holiday to watch on the plane and they are the big memory fillers. I could take off loads of music ( I think I have about 10g on my ipad), as I have the same on my iPhone, but every time I go to take music off I just can't decide what to cull.

Vulcanman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or use Goodreader to Upload all the files to the cloud. My 16 GB has about 10 GB left. I use AcePlayer to stream movies from my NAS. Also ... Most of the time I have my laptop with me as well. I have a DLNA server on it ... And about 350GB of space dedicated to media.

Last edited:
OP
M

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say you're not using it right, like what? too much or too little? 8 gig can quickly be swallowed up by a few songs,books and apps.

I have a 64 with around 20 or so left. Got about 10 books, 15 albums, zero photos, 3 films and a shed load of apps. Treat your device as a temporary holding ground. Make good use of iTunes and syncing. I personally wouldn't just use my device as a duping ground to keep all my available media.

I was kind of kidding...meaning, I'm not using up all my space so I must not be using it to its full capacity.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 16b version and have 10gb left. I don't store music on my IPad or movies. I stream movies from my pc.

Also today I downloaded Dropbox to give me 2gb to back up photos and box who give 5gb free cloud storage.

Sent from my iPad 3

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was kind of kidding...meaning, I'm not using up all my space so I must not be using it to its full capacity.

I have a 64gb with 35gb free. If I go on a trip I'll load it up with a few more movies than I have now. I currently have 90 songs, 988 photos, 55 music videos, 7 movies, and 106 apps installed. I'm not using the Cloud for anything. I like having free space so don't load mine just to load it.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16 and currently have 10.5GB available. That is because I only use it for web surfing and certain apps. All my music and pics are on my 64GB 4s which has about 16GB left. If I could do it over again I would get the 64GB iPad and a 16GB iPhone. Oh well.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64 GB and 43 left.

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

Most reactions

Latest posts