What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Space Have You Used?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now you have had your new iPad for a while, how much space have you filled, and what with?

I have used 11gb of my 64, most is music (110 full albums) 203 photographs, a couple of films, and some recordings.

I have Pages, GarageBand, Tunein Radio, Atc radio, World Snooker and may buy Dead Space Tonight.

Waiting for feedback on Amplitude prior to installation.

So glad I went for the maximum space.....A couple of friends went for 32 gb and they are regretting it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Now you have had your new iPad for a while, how much space have you filled, and what with?

I have used 11gb of my 64, most is music (110 full albums) 203 photographs, a couple of films, and some recordings.

I have Pages, GarageBand, Tunein Radio, Atc radio, World Snooker and may buy Dead Space Tonight.

Waiting for feedback on Amplitude prior to installation.

So glad I went for the maximum space.....A couple of friends went for 32 gb and they are regretting it.

Yes, I'm afraid I'm one of them, but money was an issue( apart from it being a prezzie from hubby). I have most of the above with 12 films, lots of music of course, home sharing now so no need for all of it to be music. 275 apps though, but I regularly delete if I haven't used them. The kids use some of them. I would love 64gb and 3G now!

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, I'm afraid I'm one of them, but money was an issue( apart from it being a prezzie from hubby). I have most of the above with 12 films, lots of music of course, home sharing now so no need for all of it to be music. 275 apps though, but I regularly delete if I haven't used them. The kids use some of them. I would love 64gb and 3G now!

Wow! How on earth did you get so many apps? I tend to go to the app store for specific stuff, otherwise my iTunes bill will be huge. Like you say, no need for all the photos, that's why I only have a few high def. Images on mine. Next job is in progress, rip all my vinyl to cd, then into iTunes.....Man its a tedious job, but been putting it off for years!

Jeff

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Wow! How on earth did you get so many apps? I tend to go to the app store for specific stuff, otherwise my iTunes bill will be huge. Like you say, no need for all the photos, that's why I only have a few high def. Images on mine. Next job is in progress, rip all my vinyl to cd, then into iTunes.....Man its a tedious job, but been putting it off for years!

Jeff

Oh, you got that right! It took me a blooming week and a quarter of the way through, realised I should have linked it to the Internet, so that the songs, and singers were corrected! Yeh, that was a low period of idiotness! I now have over 10 000 songs. I didn't realise I had that many! That is just my cd's, I haven't even touched our record collection! My hubby kind of likes being the DJ with his LP's, Moody Blues, Cream, etc...

BigTex71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have money and love movie/tv shows/games you got to get 64 gb specially with new apps for ipad 2 apps occupying 500+mb and some even 1.5-2gb's

I got the 16GB WiFi, but I am planning on picking up a new HyperDrive (bare) and put my old laptop drive in it (500GB.) Not bad for around a $100 upgrade.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rokrdude said:
If you have money and love movie/tv shows/games you got to get 64 gb specially with new apps for ipad 2 apps occupying 500+mb and some even 1.5-2gb's

I know, I know! Oh well, I'm doomed to synch them all every time on iTunes until that bigger monster comes through!

fulci zombi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got the 16GB WiFi, but I am planning on picking up a new HyperDrive (bare) and put my old laptop drive in it (500GB.) Not bad for around a $100 upgrade.

I thought those were near useless without JB? Only for photos and videos with crappy naming restrictions.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at the responses below in "some Questions before buying"

concerning size recommendations.

Lots of thoughts there

Stetch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 16GB. 12,5GB of apps. 231 and another 400 on the com. Wish i took 32 or 64 instead :/
No music and no video. 124 pictures.

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I orginally had a 32GB wifi and 3G but decided that while I was still within my twenty eight days that I'd take it back and pay the extra. I am glad I did. However, my new 64GB has an all over yellow hue :-( made an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow and hopefully they can replace it!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about storage.

I have the 64 gig version + I use both air video (have over 4 TB ON MY DESKTOP) and air stash with a handful of 32 gig cards.

Last edited:

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
0.... mine is still on its way from china haha but i already have 80 apps and 5 movies along with 10+ gb's of music that will all go on once i get it.

I have been just looking for the free apps a day and so on and have only paid for around 5 apps while another 40 apps i SHOULD have paid for but got them free do to promotions they were having.

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rokrdude said:

Your username suggests you might be a musician? Amplitude is going to be my next app purchase. I do a lot of recording, play Bass, Keyboards, lead and 12 string electric acoustic guitars and sing. Have you got Amplitude? And if so, how do you like it? Sound modelling should be good.

Jeff

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh, you got that right! It took me a blooming week and a quarter of the way through, realised I should have linked it to the Internet, so that the songs, and singers were corrected! Yeh, that was a low period of idiotness! I now have over 10 000 songs. I didn't realise I had that many! That is just my cd's, I haven't even touched our record collection! My hubby kind of likes being the DJ with his LP's, Moody Blues, Cream, etc...

Ha ha! It's not quite that easy.....I wish. I'm using golden vinyl from nch. Process is: set bottom sound levels for each lp (every one is different, and if you get it wrong, the tracks won't split) then burn a cd, then open iTunes and insert cd, then you HAVE to type in each track name, the album title and artist from the file info menu. iTunes and Gracenote won't find them on it's own. Then you get the the artwork.

I have over 4000 vinyl Lp titles, four in one session is enough before I start to go blind :)

Jeff

OP
I

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
I'm not too worried about storage.

I have the 64 gig version + I use both air video (have over 2 TB ON MY DESKTOP) and air stash with a handful of 32 gig cards.

Like me, I have 4 6 terabyte drives and 2 external 2 gb USB 2 portables.....Use these soley for recording, one is esata and very quick, use it for the laptop. I think 32 would suit most business only users, but I new from my iPad 1 that 64 was the way to go. Still have my old one....Going strong, but not used much now.....Only when this one is charging :)

Most reactions