What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My music's in the Cloud but Music app biggest space hog.

One Spur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no music on my device. I keep everything on the Cloud yet when I check my usage in Settings my Music app takes up most of the space at 1.4GB. How can I correct this?

Thanks for any help.
Jack

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are talking about the Music app, even if you are not storing anything locally, some space will be taken up to buffer the streams, and Music will also store the most recently played songs locally, to reduce bandwidth and/or data limit problems.

To see if any of your music is stored locally, go to Settings > Music and turn off Show All Music (or something like that). Then go back to the Music app, chose Songs, and see if there is anything still showing.

Don't forget to check the (. . .) icon and see if you have any audiobooks loaded.

OP
One Spur

One Spur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are talking about the Music app, even if you are not storing anything locally, some space will be taken up to buffer the streams, and Music will also store the most recently played songs locally, to reduce bandwidth and/or data limit problems.

To see if any of your music is stored locally, go to Settings > Music and turn off Show All Music (or something like that). Then go back to the Music app, chose Songs, and see if there is anything still showing.

Don't forget to check the (. . .) icon and see if you have any audiobooks loaded.

Thanks Twerppoet...that did the trick. Jack

Most reactions