What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much should i sell my ipad 2 on craigslist?

NyCrAzY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because I kinda made a dumb decision by using all my $ in my bank with almost nothing leftover.

What's a good price point for a 32 gb Verizon 3G iPad 2? Thanks.

Reaction score
Sell immediately. With the current shortages some people are willing to pay more than the original price, but only u til the shortage has been resolved.

As to what price you demand, you should keep in mind that eBay asks for fees, the last time I checked it was ~10%.

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that they are selling for about 100-150 above list price on eBay. That does not include shipping, fees, taxes you paid. I was going to sell mine but reconsidered. I'd try craigslist but be prepared to get a ton of low ball offers. On craigslist list for at least 50 more than the lowest you'll accept.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knock off $100 to $150

and hope someone will bite on a used iPad2. Doubtful though as you can buy a new iPad for $100 off from Apple. With a warranty.

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you will pay 12% in ebay fees and don't forget the paypal fees. i don't see used ipad2s selling for more than retail. my friend just got his second ipad2 yesterday with only a less than a week wait after his $100 deposit at Best Buy.

good luck....i've hurt myself on impulse buys more than once.

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you will pay 12% in ebay fees and don't forget the paypal fees. i don't see used ipad2s selling for more than retail. my friend just got his second ipad2 yesterday with only a less than a week wait after his $100 deposit at Best Buy.

good luck....i've hurt myself on impulse buys more than once.

Not sure how you can say that, do a search on completed listings. Further, international shipped iPads go for much more.

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do some extra over time st work and don't give it up. I would put my home up for sale before I though of selling my iPad 2 lol

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Up near me in NY they are going $100 over MSRP as listed and sold i think. If you just want your money back return it or sell it for the exact price you paid and someone will likely take it. No ipad 2 is used for more then two weeks at this point.

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sold my iPad 1 on Amazon and amazingly got what i paid for it. Less after Amazon took their share, of course.

Apple stuff has an amazing resale value.

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ebay will take 10% or a max of $50 plus 3% for paypal. So you'd be looking at around $75 in fees. I tried selling mine on ebay for (a 32gb Wifi Black) model for 100 over list and got no bites at all. I don't ship internationally though which is where I think the bulk of them are going. Also, it would have to be sealed as as well for a decent premium.

I tried to sell two of them on craigslist, and got no reponses for either. Had the 32gb Wifi Black and a 32gb AT&T 3G White. Had both listed for about $75 over list. Both sealed boxes with receipts. They just sat there, not even lowball offers.

I ended up just returning both where I bought them from...

I'm starting to see some of the hard to get 64gb AT&T models show up on Craigslist now as well.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
It's seems like returning it would be the best option but, if it's too late; Ebay is the next best and safest. The fees can be a killer though. A week ago you may have been able to sell it for more than retail but, demand seems to be slowing down now. Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts