What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many orders....

Mathiss01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is some crazy thinking but since iPad2 Is now 4-5 weeks out how many orders are just sitting there waiting? I was surprised my girlfriend ordered me a white 16gb Wi-fi only on the 16th and it isn't supposed to ship until April 20th. I just thought wow there should be like over a million back ordered what do you think?

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you are right, I ordered mine early this week, won't get it till April 22nd.

I can wait though, I think the "store chasers" are hilarious.

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can wait...and wait...and wait...

I ordered mine yesterday and it won't ship until 4/22. I was at the Big Ten Tournament in Indy on the 11th and I didn't decide until yesterday, after spending a good chunk of time reading the forum, to buy one.

Finally decided to go with ATT and ordered 16gb, 3g, white with orange poly cover. I'll get the Apple care after I have ipad2 "in hand".

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppleFan.iPadForums said:
I totally agree. There are so many orders that have been placed for iPad's shipping as far as April 20th ... I use this site iPad 2 Order Tracker to compare my own shipping details against others, and to see how many people out there, besides me, have placed order and are waiting for their iPads to arrive.

It is really interesting to look at the orders placed in that site (iPad 2 Order Tracker), and to try to analyze the data and come with interesting statistics on the subject (including how many people have place orders with 5-7 weeks for delivery).

Now you have just got to be the president of appleordertracker.com cos you don't post about anything else?

The Archangel

Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded like a president, but that's a tool that I've created to answer, exactly, the type of questions that Mathiss01 asked, with precision and factual information ... I felt that I've put my time and effort into developing a good tool (the site which is mentioned), and I saw that someone actually can make use of it ...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if I sounded like a president, but that's a tool that I've created to answer, exactly, the type of questions that Mathiss01 asked, with precision and factual information ... I felt that I've put my time and effort into developing a good tool (the site which is mentioned), and I saw that someone actually can make use of it ...

I think thats cool that you have created that but you need to think how it looks, your first seven posts are just copying and pasting an advert for your site.....that immediately says two things to me:

1- Spam
2- if everyone with a site or app did that the forum would be unreadable and unusable

You seem like a sensible guy so I assume you ran it by the mods before you started firing an advert into multiple threads so no problem there but maybe being a bit more upfront when you are posting. It may also be better to put a link in your sig then when you contribute something to a thread it will be seen by everyone and I'm sure it would look better if you were contributing.

The Archangel

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad order tracking site

Well there AppleFan...........I for one kinda like the order site you created. One place where you can see who is, and how many are in the same boat as you are (at least those that register, and there are a lot of them). Figured i might as well just sit back and watch where those freight bins bounce around to. So far they are doing a lot of bouncing back and forth.

Regards
Steve

Reaction score
Dear Gabriel1 and Rotorhead,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I totally agree with both if you. To an extent, I think making that tool, is a contribution on my part. However, I would contribute, if I know that I can add value, which is what I should be doing more often from now on.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Gabriel1 and Rotorhead,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I totally agree with both if you. To an extent, I think making that tool, is a contribution on my part. However, I would contribute, if I know that I can add value, which is what I should be doing more often from now on.

I agree, it's good to see people making good use of their skills and good luck to you, just think about how you do it as you wouldn't want a reputation as a spammer!

I look forwards to lots of discussions with you on this fantastic forum.

The Archangel

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kctay said:
I think you are right, I ordered mine early this week, won't get it till April 22nd.

I can wait though, I think the "store chasers" are hilarious.

I must say I read the hilarious posts in IPF re Apple stores getting large shipments on Tuesdays. I leisurely moseyed over around 8:30 am on 3/22 and by 9:55 am my new 16gb, ATT 3G white was in my hands! Exactly the specs I wanted. That was my first attempt at "chasing" and it was a hilarious good time all around. Oh yes...I had ordered online on 3/17 with shipment expected five to six weeks out.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts