What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many opted for Applecare for their new iPad 2.

Reaction score
Personally, I would only buy a warranty, if I feel the device in question has a tendency to fail.

So far, I have only bought one warranty and it was worth it. A Dell laptop came with 12 month warranty, but after 14 month, the video card broke. Dell replaced the motherboard+video card and at the same time offered me to extend the warranty by 2years for 120£, even though the warranty had already expired 2 month earlier. Since then has the laptop been repaired two more times, with the Display and DVD drive being replaced. I am not entirely sure, how much all of this would have cost me without warranty, but certainly more then I paid, not to mention that the Dell repair service came to mu house for free to repair the items.

As a result, I would always observe how the device performs throughout the first year and then only at the end of the year decide, whether warranty is a good idea.

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it for my iPad 2.

Problem is that I don't have my iPad 2 yet but I do have the protection. :)

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ColtsSN said:
I bought my iPad 2 from Sam's Club last week. I have 30 days to decide if I want to get the extended warranty. I think it's 3 years for about $80.

Believe it or not, this is my first Apple product. So my question is - is it really worth getting the warranty? I'll be taking the iPad on business travel but I don't think it will be getting banged around.

Opinions?

AppleCare is GREAT for telephone support. That's something I haven't seen, yet, with other service warranty providers. I always opt for AppleCare.
It's always proven to be, well for me anyway, worth the money!

Bckrupps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never buy warranties but I bought the AppleCare. I might cancel it but I'm still on the fence.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many ipads can be on one applecare warranty? I'm getting two tomorrow and was just wondering if I'd be buying two warranties

Jimv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never buy extended warranties. I did not buy Apple Care either.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Psdsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have apple care on my MacPro 8core, I have it on my MB Air, and my iPad 2. So far I have had a sound card fail on the Air and as others have said, the service is amazing. '2ofthe3 devices have non user replaceable batteries. If I get a new battery before warranty is up, I have made my money back.

If you can't afford apple care, consider if you can afford Apple?

camman123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Mastercard credit card they double the manufacturers warranty period :D
camman123

Most reactions