What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to get service for my IPAD 2?

WhichUou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen in my IPAD 2 started to display weird colors suddenly.
I bought the IPAD 2 in US but i live in Israel.
I went into the local Apple distributor which is listed in Apple service list but he told me that because the IPAD 2 has a hit in one of the sides, it is not covered by warranty.
In a month im visiting in Las Vegas and i thought i might try my luck with one of the Apple stores there.

What is the procedure for doing that? i just arrive to one of the stores and tell my story?
What do i need to present in order to receive service, receipt? i have it in PDF scanned, but the purchased was not done with my credit card.

Please help me with your experience.

Thanks.

Attachments

• z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 696
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 551
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 522
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 515

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I have heard of another member whose screen went a different colour after a drop also, yellow I think it was. You're very lucky your screen didn't shatter with the damage you've shown. Yes just go to a store, it is much better if you make an appointment though and this can be done online for the store that you would like to go to.. They can look up your iPad instore so no need to worry about receipts. Do a full backup however if you are lucky enough to get it replaced.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
W

WhichUou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response!
Im in Las Vegas only for a couple of days. Once i enter the store for service, how long this might take?
How do i schedule service appointment?
Thanks.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WhichUou said:
Thanks for the quick response!
Im in Las Vegas only for a couple of days. Once i enter the store for service, how long this might take?
How do i schedule service appointment?
Thanks.

Just google Apple store, Las Vegas and you'll see there are 3 stores, choose the one that is closest to where you'll be and when their website loads you will see the reservation area on the right. I can't tell you how long this will take it will depend how busy the store is at the time, an earlier appointment may be better.
Good luck!!

OP
W

WhichUou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is a matter of minutes? i dont need to leave my ipad for several days?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WhichUou said:
So this is a matter of minutes? i dont need to leave my ipad for several days?

Yes if they do choose to replace it for you I can't see it taking very long. The genius people may need to speak to a manager about a replacement. I just hope their appointments are running on time, that's why I suggested an early appointment to try to avoid this. Be very nice and honest and humble and above all else, do not expect it. Good luck!!

OP
W

WhichUou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai, thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions