What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you will consider an Android Tablet?

Will you consider purchasing an Android tablet?

• Yes! It will replace my iPad.

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • Yes! But I'll keep my iPad too.

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • No! I'll keep my iPad.

Votes: 119 52.7%
  • Maybe. I have to use it before I decide.

Votes: 50 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The XOOM is the first device that has me considering swapping out my iPad - I love my iPad but if I can get a similar experience but with USB support and flash then why not? I must admit, I personally still prefer the 4:3 ratio of the iPad for a tablet as I use my device in both portrait and landscape depending on what I am doing.
Of course I'll reserve judgement until I get hands on time withe XOOM and Android 3.0 but if nothing else, I hope this forces Apple to up the game with the iPad 2 and lower some of their restrictions.

bamfsig45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad 3 weeks ago. I am considering the Xoom tablet for sure as I think it would compliment my Droid X nicely.

But I will most likely wait until its been out for a few months, there are bound to be bugs as this is a new device. And that might give the Tablet market place a bit more time for devs to get some apps out.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad has great apple instore support for non techs. Until they address that I won't go anywhere .

RedWings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After watching the Honeycomb/Xoom speech, I am really excited about the Xoom. The iPad is a great device, but I have really fell in love with Android because of my EVO 4G. The iPad is just too restricted for me. I need to be able to connect it via USB so I can transfer files on/off without using a piece of software.

Also, multitasking in the iPad is not really multi-tasking. Looks like honeycomb will show Apple how it is done.

And to the person who said they hope the Xoom will force Apple to be less restrictive.....I wouldn't hold my breath. Just look at iPods vs. other MP3 players. The more competition that came out that allowed removable SD cards, etc.....the iPod stayed the same. Yes, it is a different beast with a lot less options than an iPad so maybe it didn't matter as much.

dragginblazer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New android devices look good hardware wise but they are still lacking tablet dedicated apps. That was my #1 reason I didn't get a android tablet since I already have a rooted/oc'd/cm7/g2.

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really enjoy the iPad, but I don't feel it can even hold a candle to Android. IPad is like a little 6 year old kid always dependent on its mommy (otherwise known as iTunes). If it could grow 100% out of that dependency, it could finally start to compete with Android... but Apple might be too controlling and lockdown minded to grant such user freedom...As it is, its only a matter of time before I switch up... the phone is Android... soon the tablet will be, too. I basically see Apple as Disneyland Prison, Android as freedom. :)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Beating a dead horse

I really enjoy the iPad, but I don't feel it can even hold a candle to Android. IPad is like a little 6 year old kid always dependent on its mommy (otherwise known as iTunes). If it could grow 100% out of that dependency, it could finally start to compete with Android... but Apple might be too controlling and lockdown minded to grant such user freedom...As it is, its only a matter of time before I switch up... the phone is Android... soon the tablet will be, too. I basically see Apple as Disneyland Prison, Android as freedom. :)

Again, it depends on the user. If you like a simple interface, dont mind a few work arounds, and maybe arent as tech savvy as some of us on here, you LOVE the Ipad. Android will offer more freedom to those who wish to take advantage of it. Apple has had a year to perfect things, and they're getting there.

Apple has survived windows, it will survive google and android. Simply because apple knows its market. And apple has and always will be successful in that market.

I think this thread has served its point. The androidites have had their say and the applefanatics have had theres. Now its just pointless back and forth.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
In fact...I point you to this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBhYxj2SvRI[/ame]

The original ipad announcement. The Ipad is meant to suppliment a laptop/smartphone. NOT to replace it. Maybe android will give you that freedom to replace your laptop, but i highly doubt it.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New android devices look good hardware wise but they are still lacking tablet dedicated apps. That was my #1 reason I didn't get a android tablet since I already have a rooted/oc'd/cm7/g2.

Android isn't like the ipad. Apps scale perfectly fullscreen if the developer has done his job correctly on Android. Its not the horrible scaling of iphone apps like the ipad does.

For Example:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TZGyWjAM8Y[/ame]

There is no tablet version of angry birds. Android doesn't work like that. That is the same version of angry birds that I am running on my phone, except whereas my phone is running it at 480x800, the galaxy tab is running it at 600x1024 and it looks awesome. Android wont have the same problem that the ipad had when it first came out, with the awful iphone apps in a small box in the center of the screen. Thank god, because developing an entirely separate market would take time and time is not what Android has in its war against Apple.

Last edited:

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread should be closed. Why are there so many Android fanboys and Apple haters posting on this forum these days?

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Yet you bought an iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts