What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you bring your ipad to work to use on lunch and breaks?

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im the only one here. Everyone asks why i bother whem i can just use my desk computer.

1) i dont know about you but my work blocks alot of sites that i access alot.
2) added privacy using my owm 3g connection
3) can go sit in my car or in the lunchroom, im not tied to my desk. Im at my desk for long enough as is.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bring mine to work sometimes so I can read books or magazines during breaks or slow times. I own my own business so I have no rules but work does come first.
I've even used it for customers to view when they want me to see what they saw when they were online. Used to be, they'd want to sit at my desk and mess with my computer. Got funny looks when I would refuse but now I just hand them the ipad opened to Safari and tell them not to stray from the browser. It's worked well so far.

danielgfreeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well since about half of my income comes from ebay and the other half from photography, i have my ipad with me allmday usually. I use it to post about 60% of my auctions amd am constantly using it in the field for photography as well. I a, still waiting for camera control app that does away with a computer and wifi. Wishful thinking i guess...gee i better turn auto correct back on.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Widebody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is used a lot more than at lunch...it's basically open all day on my desk. And I use it for work sometimes...great for one to one presentations that I build as PDFs and scroll through

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bring my ipda2 to work daily to work as often my eork pkacethe internet connection is down due to server issue and i m not able to use the laptop to check my compsny email acct and other updating stuff for the company which requires website to do it. Hence with my ipad is handy as there is always connection as mine is with 3G

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bring mine to work so I can occasionally read my current book at lunch or even download a currently promoted iPad app before the promotion ends if it is a one day thing. I also use it in the work gym when I am on the treadmill for example to watch an episode of a series to while the time away.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad is not part of my work tools, my iPhone is but not the iPad but I take it to work every day.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine goes to work with me every day. I have about ten work-related user name/passwords to keep track of. It's handy having them all in my password app for easy access when the brain farts.

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Everyday. Keeps my passwords safe with SplashID, keeps me entertained at lunch, keeps me connected when the Blackberry freaks out like this week. A great companion.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a science and computer teacher and I use my iPad for all sorts of stuff at work. Sometimes I bring it in class to see some documents that I typed as bullet points for discussions and access some quizzes that I give out which I dictate the questions and I read them off my iPad directly. Whenever we have computer hands-on exams, I bring it with me so I can directly record their exam scores on a spreadsheet on my iPad. During breaks I use it to read a magazine or sometimes play a little game to relax a bit.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, I use mine on breaks to play games, read, or browse the net. It's also good security since the iPad is pretty much the only thing I own worth stealing, unless thieves are really into books, running shoes and weights. :)

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On lunch breaks, to break up the month of the day, whenever I get the chance. So much so that lately its been more iPad than work....not a good thing!

Most reactions