What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many apps have you installed on your iPad?

How many apps have you installed on your iPad?

• 10 or less

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • 11 to 25

Votes: 76 17.4%
  • 26 to 50

Votes: 93 21.3%
  • 50 to 100

Votes: 102 23.3%
  • 100 or more

Votes: 137 31.4%

• Total voters

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
There is, but you will probably never hit that limit. Well Marie, the way you buy apps, it might be possible for you to hit the limit!

Let's do the math...

You can have up to 11 pages of apps. You can have 20 apps per page. That makes 220 apps + you can have up to 6 "static" apps that stay along the bottom edge so that actually makes 226.

Now when 4.2 comes along with folders, you will be able to put up to 12 apps in each folder X 226 so that gives you a grand total of 2676 apps!

Ta dah!

Actually it appears that the number of apps you can install is only limited by your available memory. I have maxes out my app slots on several occasions and still been able to install and run apps that I couldn't see on any page. When i last restored my ipad I had around 700 apps on it all buried in folders. iTunes trashed my folding system (as it does every time an app is updated) and most of my apps although installed, could not be displayed. I had to move apps into folders and then reboot so it could move the hidden apps onto the vacant slots on each page. The only problem is that When you have more apps than you can display you have to remember the name of the app you want to use so you can use the search function to find it. Mostly I select apps by their icon and their position on the page rather than by their names.

Val70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 525 at last count and more free ones in itunes library.I try and file them on the iPad by type and those I am trying out and renaming the folders into groups. It's still difficult to find a particular one. I think I use about 40-50 on a fairly regular basis plus books and audio books. When I search for an app on the front screen I wish it could show me which folder it is. I think I am app phobic but I try not to buy too many.but now some of the lite versions have limitations that you cannot test their functionality properly.
I keep searching for apps that meet my various requirements to cut down the number I
use.

I

Sk1zb1t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 525 at last count and more free ones in itunes library.I try and file them on the iPad by type and those I am trying out and renaming the folders into groups. It's still difficult to find a particular one. I think I use about 40-50 on a fairly regular basis plus books and audio books. When I search for an app on the front screen I wish it could show me which folder it is. I think I am app phobic but I try not to buy too many.but now some of the lite versions have limitations that you cannot test their functionality properly.
I keep searching for apps that meet my various requirements to cut down the number I
use.

I

phobic or addict? :eek:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
use.

I

Seriously? Wow. I have 30 at tops!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow, I had never count till now! I had installed 81 apps.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My count in settings is 337. I have others just on my computer. Also see the thread - how many apps on an average do people have.

Val70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To answer your question

use.

I

phobic or addict? :eek:

I think. BOTH

Most reactions

Latest posts