What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long are apple customers supposed to wait.

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long are customers supposed to wait for their ipads? I mean two months or more? Really? Some people are really being jerked around and lied to by service reps. I think i might buy the Samsung Galaxy.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
When ordering on-line lead times are clearly stated and fairly accurate. As a matter of fact our iPad2 arrived 2 days before promised. It's very difficult to estimate supply and demand or delivery dates as a service rep. And I can tell you from experience that absolutely no customer service representative likes to "jerk people around" or lie. They won't keep their jobs long if they do. They're most likely only passing on the information that they get. The iPad is a very desirable luxury item so its only logical it will be out of stock quicker and therefore harder to obtain. Have some patience. Purchase an iPad and you'll never look at that Galaxy Tab again.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many issues are being discovered as offshoots of the tsunami. The story is that the glass cover for the iPads are slowed due to the event. Now they are saying that 70% of the iPod and possibly iPhone, iPad battery supply is threatened. One of the biggest suppliers of batteries has all its factories intact, but the polymer critical for manufacturing the batteries is made by a small company. It is intact, but the shipping facilities needed to get the raw materials to the factory are gone.

Right now, there are thousands of parts used in electronics that are made all over the world. In many cases, they all rely on one or two parts that are made at only a few locations. And some are made within the zone of damage from the tsunami. Try getting a Ford in black or red mettalic colors. The only way is to order it specfic and then you may not have any luck. That is because a critical component is no longer available. From what I have heard, Apple is moving a lot of resources around to make sure they have first shot at what parts are available.

Last edited:

PeteMoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Applebaum said:
How long are customers supposed to wait for their ipads? I mean two months or more? Really? Some people are really being jerked around and lied to by service reps. I think i might buy the Samsung Galaxy.

Walmart.com ... 10 days, site-to-store.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, what Tsunami caused the delays with the original iPad - or the iPhone 4 - or the iPhone 3? This is one of the ways they market. It prolongs the excitement from a weekend to 2-3 months. With the original iPhone they MAY not have known what to expect on opening day, but they've darn sure known what to expect since then.

At any rate, you put up with their marketing techniques... or you settle for an inferior device. Ah, well... it only hurts for a few weeks... :)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At any rate, you put up with their marketing techniques... or you settle for an inferior device. Ah, well... it only hurts for a few weeks... :)

Exactly. You wait until you get it. Or don't. Trippin about something you have no control over, just makes us more frustrated. IMO.:)

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, what Tsunami caused the delays with the original iPad - or the iPhone 4 - or the iPhone 3? This is one of the ways they market. It prolongs the excitement from a weekend to 2-3 months. With the original iPhone they MAY not have known what to expect on opening day, but they've darn sure known what to expect since then.

Exactly. Its a marketing tactic and nothing else. Some will buy into the tsunami story to ease their minds, but this is how Apple prefers to sell their mobile devices. Creates more of a buzz.

OP
A

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone who commented! I have to admit that I was tripping! But I feel better now and your all right. I know that I won't regret that I held out for an excellent product! Just frustrated and impatient. You guys and gals are the bomb! ;)

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Applebaum said:
I want to thank everyone who commented! I have to admit that I was tripping! But I feel better now and your all right. I know that I won't regret that I held out for an excellent product! Just frustrated and impatient. You guys and gals are the bomb! ;)

I'm pulling out my hair too. I kinda wana buy an iPad 1 to play with for three weeks to keep me calm ya know but I don't want to waste money. I'm willing to pay 200-300 for a used one cuz I want one for my car, but I'm just Tryna be patient too dawg. My bestie keeps reminding me that it will be worth it, but I'm ready for the magic. I've waited a whole year now, and three weeks is FOREVER. but all will be well Baum baby. We shall prevail!!!!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Exactly. Its a marketing tactic and nothing else. Some will buy into the tsunami story to ease their minds, but this is how Apple prefers to sell their mobile devices. Creates more of a buzz.

But why - as a for-profit company with shareholders to account to - would Apple choose to *deliberately* delay shipment and frustrate customers, rather than ship product and make money back as fast as they can? Having impatient, unhappy customers is just bad, stupid publicity, and it's not like they need any more publicity.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple is Manufacturing more than 1.5 million ipads a month which is not enough to cover world wide demand until it catches up née factories are coming on line this year as well Apple is not holding back they are producing as many as they can

Most reactions