What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long are apple customers supposed to wait.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a period of time between your becoming aware of something you might want, making the decision to get it and the actual having of it. That waiting period is the stuff of what makes character. It is the difference between men like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, who hold a vision and take steady steps in that direction and someone who holds up a gas station. It is the difference between appreciating and savoring the building process and throwing a tantrum. It is the difference between infancy, adolesence, old age and wisdom.

In this 'becoming' time between becoming aware of the iPad (1 or 2), ordering and finally getting it where you will experience all of the stages of maturity. That being said, "I want my iPad2 NOW!!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!" errr.... I mean, "I know I will appreciate it all the more, for having waited."

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
So u have an iPad 1 but you're complaining?

Sorry? You lost me. I have an iPad 1, I would like to buy an iPad 2, but I have to wait till there is more stock. I certainly complained (if you want to use that word) about the eBay sharks screwing people for overpriced iPad 2s, but otherwise I don't understand you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Just sounds like complaining to a person that has nothing to pass the miserable time with.

Woah, you need to deal with those envy issues, buddy. :eek:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:
Woah, you need to deal with those envy issues, buddy. :eek:

I couldn't possibly be envious of a person and his device that lives in the UK!!!!

Reaction score
There is a period of time between your becoming aware of something you might want, making the decision to get it and the actual having of it. That waiting period is the stuff of what makes character. It is the difference between men like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, who hold a vision and take steady steps in that direction and someone who holds up a gas station. It is the difference between appreciating and savoring the building process and throwing a tantrum. It is the difference between infancy, adolesence, old age and wisdom.

In this 'becoming' time between becoming aware of the iPad (1 or 2), ordering and finally getting it where you will experience all of the stages of maturity. That being said, "I want my iPad2 NOW!!!!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!" errr.... I mean, "I know I will appreciate it all the more, for having waited."

I WANT PATIENCE AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 32 gig AT&T wifi 3G at 4:18 am launch day march 11. Received my iPad on march 21st 10 days later. Why complain when you could have ordered launch day?

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saphire said:
Nick have you checked out Argos online, they have a 32gb wifi.

On the main page it shows in stock, but if you click to buy and then go to your trolley, it says out of stock...

Thanks for thinking of me, though.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We should get a bit more civilized about this. Yes it is frustrating that it takes so long to get something you order, but that is the risk you take wanting such a high profile item. Apple has nothing to gain by delays in shipping the product. If you want milk, don't wait until the cow is butchered. Apple and the entire world has been astonished at the reaction to the iPad, and is still trying to feel where the market is going.

The tsunami is a major tragedy that is still playing out. Some of the areas concerned will not be restored fully for decades. Many will move production to areas that can get the product into the market quickly. Thousands of people that were not destroyed by the initial shock, will find their health and jobs threatened for years to come. In a few years, it will a forgotten memory for most, and many have already moved on. Understandable. How many here remember the Rapid City flood that killed 260 people? The media forgot about it within a month because a hurricane hit the east coast a few weeks later. The only reason that I remember it was because within 24 hours, I was deployed there. The point is that there is a lot of tragedy in the world. We cannot be emotional about most of it, but we can be understanding when it screws up something minor in our lives.

OP
A

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
You do understand that they had the biggest earthquake in recent history, and tsunamis which resulted in the near nuclear melt down of 2 power plants. I think they have bigger concerns than greedy toys.

Wait, who's greedy? The consumers that buy the products or the company that's selling them? Let's be honest here, that's why we're all here right to talk about our Ipads we really don't need.

Last edited:

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I agree. And let's not get personal.

I guess there's just a lot of frustrated people right now needing to 'let it out' somewhere.

Most reactions

Latest posts