What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How i can unlock my ipad tilting lock?!

shaymaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem in my iPad , and I wanna someone to help me to solve it , I have a lock on the upper right hand on my iPad next to the battery charge icon, this lock preventing me from tilting my iPad , how I can unlock it please?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two possibilities. On the iPad2 the 'orientation lock' is either controlled by ---

(1) the switch next to the volume control or....

(2) -- press the Home switch twice quickly and you'll open up the multi-task bar. Now 'flick' the screen to the right and you'll see - in the multi-task bar - the 'orientation control'

It will be one or the other (it's configurable in the 'Settings' menu)

So, which ever it is, either the switch or the 'soft' control in the multi-task bar, you'll be able to restore the orientation control of the iPad.

Let us know if this doesn't work - or even if it does....:D

Tim

OP
S

shaymaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't work:)
Ughhhhhhhhhhh

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't work:)
Ughhhhhhhhhhh

So - you've tried both suggestions? OK - reboot....

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons together for a long time - perhaps 20 seconds..

The iPad will reboot - let us know if this fixes the problem...

Tim

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at my attachments and make sure you looked in the correct places.

Attachments

• image-1767248073.png
    image-1767248073.png
    404.9 KB · Views: 715
  • image-211848646.png
    image-211848646.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 1,062
OP
S

shaymaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reboot ,and it didn't work too, and I looked at ur attachment and I don't have this option on my setting inside the general option ?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some applications can enforce an orientation lock. So double-click the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then press and hold any icon in the multi-task bar until the icons start to jiggle. Now close all the apps, one-by-one, by touching the '-' sign on the top left hand corner of each app. Once all the apps are closed, close the multi-task bar by pressing the Home button and see if the problem is cured.

Tim

OP
S

shaymaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubled click the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then I press and hold all the icons in the multi-task bar until they start to jiggle. And i close all the apps, one-by-one, by touching the '-' sign on the top left hand corner of each app. And after all the apps are closed, i closed the multi-task bar by pressing the Home button and nothing change Tim , the problem is still the same .

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you use the slide switch by the volume rocker switch does it mute and unmute or lock and unlock the rotation?

It will only do one or the other.

Are you able to double-tap the home button and swipe right to see the lock rotation icon and iPod controls?

OP
S

shaymaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And Rog I don't have that features that u attached to me , I have the old iPad the 4.2.1

OP
S

shaymaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg thanks Rog I solved it when I doubled-tap the home button and swipe right to see the lock rotation icon , thank you man , and thanks Tim for your help .

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And Rog I don't have that features that u attached to me , I have the old iPad the 4.2.1

If you have 4.2.1 then the orientation lock is in the multi-task bar. Double-press the Home button, flick the screen to the right and the orientation lock control is there. Check to see if it's activated....

Tim

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read some users had issues with the rotation lock with your firmware version.

Why don't you try updating?

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the firmware revisions changed the function of the slide switch maybe users that upgraded while the rotate was locked had the problems.

sonudana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Shaymaa, not sure if you have sorted the problem now. My iPad 4.2.1 had the same problem and but sorted it out now after following Tim's advice and Rog's picture attachment.
Press Home button twice as Tim said and flip to the left instead of right. You will see the tilt locker as shown in Rog's picture. Glad I had seen this thread. Great going.

Most reactions

Latest posts