What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked screen rotation

Jjrn1349

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been changing my screen orientation without a problem, until today. It's now locked in portrait mode, and when I do the recommended double click of the home button, and slide right, only my IPod controls come up, and no lock/unlock icon. Have tried reboot, but still locked when I powered back up. Any suggestions?. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember that the control that activates screen rotation is settable. It can be the soft switch that you mention, or the hard switch by the volume control. Have you tried that?

If neither work, try rebooting the iPad by holding down the Power and Home buttons for several seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will then reboot and everything should be OK.

Tim

OP
J

Jjrn1349

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Remember that the control that activates screen rotation is settable. It can be the soft switch that you mention, or the hard switch by the volume control. Have you tried that?

If neither work, try rebooting the iPad by holding down the Power and Home buttons for several seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will then reboot and everything should be OK.

Tim

Thanks Tim, the reboot did not work for me when I tried it several times, but I tried the hard switch on the side and it worked. Still learning my way around this sweetheart but the more I learn, the more I appreciate the brilliant product that it is!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts