What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how fast is your wifi ipad speeds?

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using 5GHz wifi to an Airport Extreme router and over a fiber isp to my local server at Okinawa Japan, I've seen results as high as 30Mbps and 15Mbps up with the speedtest.net iphone app. Speeds to US servers are more typical.

RayB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty fast

SpeedTest.jpg

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
15 Mbps down
13 Mbps Up

I am on a fiber optic network and the only thing slowing me down is my router. Still I find that these speeds are fine for everything I need.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on Cox cable, running 5ghz-n network I always get over 15000 kbps measured with Speedtest X.

benst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad:
1560kbps down
1586kbps up
99 ping

On the desktop via a wired connection, through the same firewall:

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comcast here. They've been pretty good for us, but no xfinity yet. Just tested with the SpeedTest.NET App:

18.12 mb/s DOWN
4.11 mb/s UP

tdavie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8-14 mbps download
0.5-2.5 mbps upload

Speed depends on what level of the house I am, and proximity to the 2wire router. DSL service from MTS Allstream in Manitoba, Canada.

When using the 3G, speeds range from 1-7 mbps download and from 0.25-2 mbps upload. Using Rogers 3G network.

Tom

Seo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.rexproductions.com
2.34 down and 2.26 up. The same speed as my computer, which is pretty slow. Then again, China isn't known for the fastest Internet in the world.

At least I don't have to worry about WiFi not working on my iPad. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts