What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you delete "corrupt" files from the IPad

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the first time I've owned an IPad and I have a company movie (an MP4) that displays only a black screen. I used iTunes to move it to the IPad, but now when I open my "Videos" folder, all I see is a black screen with no way to select the file.

Basically, I need to know how you delete a file from iTunes on the IPad 3?

Nevermind.

I was able to remove the file by deleting it from the iTunes "main" library, shutting down the IPad, and then reconnecting (re-syncing) the IPad to my computer.

Last edited:

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete corrupt file

Wait for jailbreak then install iFile. Then you can delete until you are happy.

Deadbeat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black video screen

If you don't have acces to you home pc and this happens, you can go to : Settings>general>reset>reset all settings

This keeps all your data, and will reset the video player.

I had same issue while on vacation, so I didn't have ability to sync and I wanted my videos for my son to watch on the 8hour drive home. The "Geniuses" at the local apple store wouldn't help because I didn't purchase the videos from iTunes. Pretty crappy customer service after dropping $600 on an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts