What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving word files to IPad

LJG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to move Word files from my PC to my IPad using itunes. Is there a way of doing it that doesn't involve having to click on every file in the 'copy from itunes' screen in Pages on the Ipad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have an iCloud account and you set up Pages on your iPad to sync with it:

• Enable Document and Data in Settings > iCloud
  • Turn on iCloud Syncing in Settings > Pages

You can open icloud.com on your computer and drop multiple .doc files into iWorks > Pages on the site. The next time you open Pages on the iPad (and have an internet connection) the documents will sync on the iPad.

However, each document will still be in the .doc format. The first time you open each one it will be converted to the pages format, and you will be presented with a list of any changes or incompatibilities.

It's even easier on a Mac running OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion); though not as obvious.

Most reactions