What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I delete from File Sharing

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have managed to recover from a major melt down and I am now in the process of re-installing missing files and program's that magically disappeared.

The things that I had to re-install were map files contained in a zipped (mapping) folder. I have now managed to do this successfully by unzipping it in Windows and then moving the individual files into the Apps segment of iTunes as is the correct way, but not before I inadvertently moved a copy of the zipped folder also in it's entirety into the (File Sharing), Documents area within iTunes (as displayed within iTunes when connected to my Windows 7 PC)

So what I now have showing in that panel is not only all the correctly installed files but also one ugly zipped folder that should not be there.

I can not seem to be able to delete that Zipped folder from there. Can anyone please advise me how I can make that zipped folder disappear?

Regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You delete files from File Sharing in iTunes with your iPad connected. Just select the files in the File Sharing area and delete them. On the Mac, pressing the Delete key on the keyboard is the easiest way. It should work the same way in Windows.

OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi there again.

I tried that but no joy. I hi-light the Zip file and pressed the delete key on my Windows key board.....nothing happened. I also tried clicking on the hi-lighted Zip file by right clicking the mouse, no drop down panel appears.

Merry Christmas to all. :D

Regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm. The Delete key is what Apple's support page recommends. If that is not working I'm stumped, as far as iTunes is concerned.

You can probably use a third party computer app like iExplorer to remove it more directly. It depends on where the app socked it away. While unlikely to happen, fiddling with the contents of an app directly might break it. Make sure you have the important files in the app backed up so you can re-install and start over if things don't work.

Or, you could do that anyway from the start, if nothing else works. Deleting the app will remove all the contents. You could then reinstall it and only copy back the correct files.

Last edited:
OP
Janset

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Hm. The Delete key is what Apple's support page recommends. If that is not working I'm stumped, as far as iTunes is concerned.

You can probably use a third party computer app like iExplorer to remove it more directly. It depends on where the app socked it away. While unlikely to happen, fiddling with the contents of an app directly might break it. Make sure you have the important files in the app backed up so you can re-install and start over if things don't work.

Or, you could do that anyway from the start, if nothing else works. Deleting the app will remove all the contents. You could then reinstall it and only copy back the correct files.

Hi there.

Hmmm, I take your point. But with all the dramas that I have been experiencing lately I am inclined now to let sleeping dogs lie. If it can not be removed simply by clicking a button or two, I think I will leave it be and fix it the next time I experience my next major melt down, and the way my luck is going at the moment, that will be not too far away. :-(

Regards

Most reactions

Latest posts