What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I sync my iPad without syncing my apps?

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you be more specific I'm confused at your directions?

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved my applications from the iTunes directory (subfolder Mobile Applications) to a slave drive including any new ones added as they are added and this not only saves HD space but also gives one message on iTunes to which you reply no.

What do you do when you add a new app?

He was answering this question from me, did you catch his idea?

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used Spirit to JB my iPad last night, I synced it a few times with no problems after, the icons all stayed where they were before the JB even, but I got tired of searching for SNES stuff, which was the only reason for the JB, so I restored it, 10 hours later... now all my apps were alphabetical after the restore.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean you got tired of searching for SNES stuff?

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you mean you got tired of searching for SNES stuff?

I was reading a thread about needing to get the games even after you have the SNES simulator app, and that you would likely have to use a torrent program to find them and I just figured it was more work than it was worth.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And also I was reading about people complaining that the Super Mario game had these big onscreen controls that you couldn't make go away even after you managed to get the Wiimot working.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use SNES4iPhone, those people are idiots. For downloading the ROMs you download from WITHIN the application and it installs for you. Under browse just hit search and it will take you to a ROM website list. You pick your ROM and install and it does it all for you. No torrents, no nothing but as if you were on a regular PC.

As for the controls, download iFile, navigate to Applications > SNES4iPhone > and delete the controller_fs0.png file. This won't cause any errors but will delete the screen overlays for the first skin. You can still pick another skin and see the overlay if you so desire.

Everything described above takes less than 1 minute to do.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I'm not sure what you are browsing in, in the first place. I only downloaded Spirit so far.

Thanks, if I get brave enough, I'll try it again. I just won't restore it unless I have a LOT of time to kill.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you JB the iPad, go to Cydia and install SNES4iPhone. I think it's like 4 bucks or something. Then you download iFile (when I got it, it was free, I think they charge you now a couple bucks). You are looking for the ROMs from within the SNES4iPhone app. If you want, I can make a how to.

:)

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I just realized that we can't talk about that in the iPad forum so I guess I can't make a how to.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All done... I guess I'll leave it this way until I run into some problems.

Thanks for the help.

I'll have to work on making the WiiMot work after I get home from work.

mickyirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Details of how to have some control of your *.ipa applications in iTunes. When you add Apps (*.ipa) to iTunes it creates a sub directory in /Music/iTunes of Mobile Applications and creates a library list. All your added Apps are put in this Mobile Applications sub directory. Because mainly of space reasons I move my Apps to a slave drive and delete them from the directory called Mobile Applications (I do not delete or mess about with the library list). When I add a new Apps I again move it to the slave drive and delete from the Mobile Applications directory. This it seems has two affects 1) iTunes cannot control the Apps so it cannot change your iPod/iPad Apps settings and I save space on my hard drive. I hope this spells it out better.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you're saying if I delete the apps from there, it won't rearrange them anymore?

mickyirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe adding a new one will put that in the wrong place but the rest it should not touch.

Most reactions

Latest posts