What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Screen Icons Look Wierd...

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turned on my iPad Air 2 the other day and many (but not all) of the icons on my home screen no longer showed a small capture of the website but instead showed only a generic black and white grid like pattern. The links still work it just looks odd. After a few days they all went back to normal. Yesterday they switched back to the generic grid again...
What's up with that?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to let you know, this will happen every time you turn on your iPad after it's been turned off. It's a bug in iOS 8 that hasn't been fixed yet. The thread J. A. linked to has the only workarounds that seem to work, at least until you turn off your iPad.

OP
C

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to let you know, this will happen every time you turn on your iPad after it's been turned off. It's a bug in iOS 8 that hasn't been fixed yet. The thread J. A. linked to has the only workarounds that seem to work, at least until you turn off your iPad.
Thanks folks. Turning off the passcode and resetting did the trick.

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like the better work around is not to turn off your iPad :p

I had no idea that there was a bug, but now I'm glad I didn't turn mine off ;)

OP
C

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like the better work around is not to turn off your iPad :p

I had no idea that there was a bug, but now I'm glad I didn't turn mine off ;)
Looks like this issue was fixed in the latest update.

Most reactions