What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move icons on Home pages not working on JB'd Air 2

Mopepom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For more than 4 years, i have used an iPad 1, jailbroken, eventually at the ios 5 level.
Apple's forced obsolescence practice has caused me to buy a new IPad Air 2.
I have jailbroken this at the ios 8.1.2 level and it works reasonably well, although there are a number of apps that still work on my ios 5 machine now do not work on ios 8.1.2 on the new Air 2.
I have ported most of the spps purchased by me since 2011 at considersble cost. These show up on about 20 home pages on the Air 2.

This requires me to cull many obsolete apps and to reorganize my home pages using folders. I have also loaded a significant number of new ios7+ apps both from the App Store and Cydia. This process is mostly complete, but something happened on the way:

I CAN NO LONGER MOVE THE ICONS ON A HOME PAGE TO ANOTHER POSITION ON THE HOME PAGE, NOR INTO A FOLDER, NOR TO AN ADJACENT HOME PAGE.

i need help, so i have turned to ipadforums.

Any ideas or constructive comments would be appreciated.

mopepom
ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸_¸,ø¤°`°¤ø

Sent from my iPad Air2 w. Ios 8.1.2 (jb) using Tapatalk HD

OP
Mopepom

Mopepom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a big deal. I had used Springtomize to customize my screen configuration. Buried in this powerful app is an option to prevent the moving of icons. Just turn this OFF and Bingo, it's all OK again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts