What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hints on Triple Entendre

Rosalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realized later that I misunderstood what I was reading. In any case, I managed to figure it out, but I appreciate the nudge. Now I am completely and utterly stuck on 077. It's been days. I keep reading through New York history if that's not getting me anywhere. Turtlebay yesterday, that's not getting me anywhere. Right now I'm lost and frustrated.

Maybe you will be the first to solve this. We worked on it for months. Be sure to let us know if you get an answer...or even a CBNC.

catherinelw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
W-w-w-w-wait. I gave up on this game last year after O77, O79 and O81 proved uncrackable. Have people figured these guys out? I'd be glad to get back into the game if I could make it past O81...

Rosalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
W-w-w-w-wait. I gave up on this game last year after O77, O79 and O81 proved uncrackable. Have people figured these guys out? I'd be glad to get back into the game if I could make it past O81...

79 was solved, I think by sjwolfie

Try a french name for duck and concentrate on that word and what else it could mean

Foodlion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you will be the first to solve this. We worked on it for months. Be sure to let us know if you get an answer...or even a CBNC.

Alright. I freaking solved 81. It's actually a great puzzle. I have absolutely broken my skull to pieces on o77 with no luck, but I was able to run with the ASCII clue and got to another CBNC and then the answer.

First hint - that first character is 161 in ASCII (I know there has been some debate on what character it actually is).

Good luck!

I say it's actually a great puzzle because it makes sense and it is solvable. Whereas the Canard with the three flags doesn't even make sense once you solve it and the pyramid puzzle has numerous answers/spelling that fit the clues (none of which provide a CBNC) and so on. I remember the Perfect Score/Dice one being pretty shakey as well (yes, I needed help on those). I started to lose faith in this last batch of puzzles.

Looking back, I'm surprised this group solved those three puzzles without getting 81.

Last edited:

Rosalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright. I freaking solved 81. It's actually a great puzzle. I have absolutely broken my skull to pieces on o77 with no luck, but I was able to run with the ASCII clue and got to another CBNC and then the answer.

First hint - that first character is 161 in ASCII (I know there has been some debate on what character it actually is).

Good luck!

I say it's actually a great puzzle because it makes sense and it is solvable. Whereas the Canard with the three flags doesn't even make sense once you solve it and the pyramid puzzle has numerous answers/spelling that fit the clues (none of which provide a CBNC) and so on. I remember the Perfect Score/Dice one being pretty shakey as well (yes, I needed help on those). I started to lose faith in this last batch of puzzles.

Looking back, I'm surprised this group solved those three puzzles without getting 81.

Well it cetainly wasn't because we didn't. LOL
Are you willing to share your second CBNC?

We have the numbers, even the 161
Does it have anything to do with colors?
What does the clue symbol mean?

Foodlion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alrighty... It's tough to give a nudge without going too far. I'll try to walk that line...

I'll assume we got the same numbers. Google them... then you have to ask yourself "why on earth would this string of 11 random digits return so many hits, including being peoples' username and part of website addresses?" Keep digging.

THAT answer will give you the second CBNC and the jump from there to the answer is easier.

Last edited:

Foodlion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And, seriously, whoever first unscrambled "a fool maid sits" into an incomplete anagram to find the missing piece is a hero. And then tried numerous daughters with multiple spelling variants without any positive feedback. THAT question was unsolvable!

Rosalee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alrighty... It's tough to give a nudge without going too far. I'll try to walk that line...

I'll assume we got the same numbers. Google them... then you have to ask yourself "why on earth would this string of 11 random digits return so many hits, including being peoples' username and part of website addresses?" Keep digging.

THAT answer will give you the second CBNC and the jump from there to the answer is easier.

Got it! Thank you for the nudge. I kept putting - between numbers. Wow, i can't believe it. It only makes sense after you have the answer, as most of these last ones do.

Hvsavage

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Congratulations! I got it! At first I thought the background color had something to do with it, then I thought it might be an ambigram, then maybe a Caesar Cypher, not even close. Well congratulations again!

Basicbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it! Thank you for the nudge. I kept putting - between numbers. Wow, i can't believe it. It only makes sense after you have the answer, as most of these last ones do.

Thank you for the hints. Now if we could solve #77. I thought I was on to something with the 3 day riots and forced draft but nada.

Basicbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the hints. Now if we could solve #77. I thought I was on to something with the 3 day riots and forced draft but nada.

I got a majority of these puzzles on my own, but I would like to thank everyone on this forum who provided nudges. After all the developers said use any reference you can find on the web to solve these puzzles. I did not like the fact that they said you are a genius or you cheated after solving #82......how the heck do you cheat.

This post has been edited.....Please mind your language, this is a Family Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

hugemonkey7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have finally solved #81, the one with the CBNC for typing in "ASCII"!!
It is not showing up on the leaderboard yet.
I have been working on this one in my spare time for over a year.
The problem is the first character is not what it appears to be it is actually another character and If you PM me I will let you know what it should be.

Basicbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have finally solved #81, the one with the CBNC for typing in "ASCII"!!
It is not showing up on the leaderboard yet.
I have been working on this one in my spare time for over a year.
The problem is the first character is not what it appears to be it is actually another character and If you PM me I will let you know what it should be.

We already know its an exclamation point. Check back a few posts, there are four of us who have solved this puzzle.

Basicbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a majority of these puzzles on my own, but I would like to thank everyone on this forum who provided nudges. The developers said use any reference you can find on the web to solve these puzzles. I did not like the fact that they said you are a genius or you cheated to finish the puzzles. (On an iPhone). Without help none of would have gotten to the end.

Most reactions

Latest posts