What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiding apps

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I recall you can if you are jail broken but otherwise no, you could put them in a folder together or on a different screen but you can't hide them on a stock iPad.

The Archangel

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You might be able to enable restrictions in parental controls and block the app. I know when you block safari and the other apple apps they are hidden.

Cant try it out myself as I don't have an iPad.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I hide my apps icons on my iPad?

That's what I do, Snake. I put them in a folder as Gabriel1 suggested. Seems to work well for apps that I want to group or haven't used in a while and still deciding if I still want it.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either put them in a folder (hold down the app until it 'jiggles' the drag it on top of another app, which will create a folder. Then jiggle and remove the other app out of the folder. You can jiggle and move the folder too, or jiggle to rename the folder) or you can delete the app (jiggle it, and press on the cross). If you want the app after deleting, you can reinstall from the app store (in the Purchased tab).... Although, this will not retain any info that you may need in the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts