What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidden apps

joeswife5807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears you cannot permanently delete apps from your device. I go into my purchased list and hide the ones I delete. I was told they dont take up memory space on your device if you do this. Is this correct? Is there a better way to delete stuff I dont want? I download alot of stuff based on reviews I read to test them out and I probably delete half of them. I only have the 16 gb device so I want to conserve as much space as possible.

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you delete it, you delete it. When you see it listed under 'purchased', it is not on your iPad, but it is available for you to download and install again whenever you like. Unless you want to get into get into technical details about how computer storage works, when you delete it, you delete it permanently, but you can reinstall it later if you like.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While on one of your main screens, hold a finger (or stylus) on any of the apps until all start shaking. Locate the white X on black circle background in one corner of the app you wish to get rid of. Tap that X, followed by Delete. The app and its associated data will be fully deleted. However this app will still be in your purchased list. You can go back to the store (or your computer's iTunes) and reinstall it if you change your mind. You can also go into Apps in your iTunes Library (on your computer), find the app in question, right click on it and delete it from your computer.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
darrenjcampbell said:
If you delete it, you delete it. When you see it listed under 'purchased', it is not on your iPad, but it is available for you to download and install again whenever you like. Unless you want to get into get into technical details about how computer storage works, when you delete it, you delete it permanently, but you can reinstall it later if you like.

All said.
And deleted Apps (not visible on your iPad but on the 'purchased') do not take up any memory space of your device.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
All said.
And deleted Apps (not visible on your iPad but on the 'purchased') do not take up any memory space of your device.

I have a different issue with hidden apps. At some stage I downloaded an app - iMail G. Now the icon is not visible on any of the several pages of apps I have. Yet when I do a search in spotlight for iMail this app shows up and I am able to use it.

Why is the icon invisible? I want to delete the app.

Ampress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ampress said:
I have a different issue with hidden apps. At some stage I downloaded an app - iMail G. Now the icon is not visible on any of the several pages of apps I have. Yet when I do a search in spotlight for iMail this app shows up and I am able to use it.

Why is the icon invisible? I want to delete the app.

Update.....the icon has reappeared. Maybe it was there all along?

CT2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know how to delete a removed app from the "purchased" list in iTunes? (I'm using iOS6 -- it's not listed in the "library" section and can't be "unchecked", nor can it be right-clicked and then deleted. It also cannot be "swiped" and then given an option to "hide". ?? Previously purchased apps seem to be very stubborn things and can produce a long and unwieldly list!) Thank you so much!

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Page limit is 11 it may be on 12 this not visible if so connect the iPad to iTunes and rearrange your pages or create folders to correct the problem

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CT2 said:
Do you know how to delete a removed app from the "purchased" list in iTunes? (I'm using iOS6 -- it's not listed in the "library" section and can't be "unchecked", nor can it be right-clicked and then deleted. It also cannot be "swiped" and then given an option to "hide". ?? Previously purchased apps seem to be very stubborn things and can produce a long and unwieldly list!) Thank you so much!

You can hide an app in the purchased list, but you cannot delete it. To hide or unhide apps in your purchased list, follow the instructions here.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919

Last edited:

CT2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can hide an app in the purchased list, but you cannot delete it. To hide or unhide apps in your purchased list, follow the instructions here.

THANK YOU!!! I searched for a very long time and tried several different tips offered to try to find out how to get them hidden. None of them worked until this one -- thank you, thank you, thank you!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CT2 said:
THANK YOU!!! I searched for a very long time and tried several different tips offered to try to find out how to get them hidden. None of them worked until this one -- thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're welcome. It's always nice to hear about the success stories!

Most reactions

Latest posts