What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with cameral adapter for IPAD2 IPAD reads "too much power needed"

buddy in texas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My forum searches didn't turn up an answer to my question, although I could swear I have seen answers to this before. Surely I am not the only one with this problem.

I bought a camera adapter for Ipad2 with USB port. Was told this would allow uploading pics and vids to Ipad2. I put my camera card in my card reader and attached reader USB to adapter. I get a "too much power" needed pop-up. What do I need to do to remedy this?

Thanks in advance.

valessakis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo I am using the camera adapter to , but I am not using the USB adapter , is your card not a SD card ? Because if you have an SD card you can use the card reader.
The USB reader is sometimes not compatible with some USB sticks because they need more power to work on an iPad .
It works fine with SD cards for me an pretty fast transfer to.

image-1093824952.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some card readers use too much power, and won't work.

Ways around this.

1) Leave the card in your camera and use the camera's USB mini to USB cable to connect to the iPad. Make sure the camera is on. A cable like this usually comes with the camera.

2) If the camera uses SD cards, use the SD card adaptor instead of the USB cable.

3) Ask members what card/adaptor/readers they use that work with their iPad's. There are a couple of older threads on this subject, I no longer have the link handy, so you'll have to search.

I have a small Vivitar 50-IN-1 Card Reader MID# 0641110. I've use it with my iPad 3 and camera connection kit to import CF cards with out problems.

image-4236892065.jpg

Last edited:
OP
B

buddy in texas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo I am using the camera adapter to , but I am not using the USB adapter , is your card not a SD card ? Because if you have an SD card you can use the card reader.
The USB reader is sometimes not compatible with some USB sticks because they need more power to work on an iPad .
It works fine with SD cards for me an pretty fast transfer to.

View attachment 44621

My card from my camera is not the small postage stamp size card. Mine is approx. 1.5" x 1.5" x 1/8" thick. Not sure what it is called, but it's obviously not an SD card. So, what is my fix for this? My camera to Ipad2 adapter is only a USB port.

Most reactions