What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i've tried un-jailbreakbreak/restoring my ipad it will not work HELP

Madewomen2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried restoring my iPad back to factory settings. I've tried on 2 different computers and it still will not work, when it gets to a certain percentage it gives a error message and say file corrupt.. I've gotten two error messages from two different computers.. the iPad have not been connected to iTunes in about 2 months while jail-broken.. now that i am trying to restore it i cant .. already updated iTunes to the latest version still not working on either computer... is there another way to hard reset it without iTunes cause those files will not download for me and i hit restore and update in the summary portion of iTunes:( ... Please help:(:(:ipad-front:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try this:

Download the latest version of iOS 4.3.5 from here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

NOTE: If you are using Internet Explorer to do the download, it will probably try to make the file a .zip file, when it should end in IPSW. If that happens, just change the .zip to .IPSW (do NOT unzip it!). Oh, and remember where you put it ... ! :)

Connect your iPad to the computer (with iTunes NOT running) and then put it into DFU mode (if you need 'em, the instructions are here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html). Once the iPad goes into DFU mode, iTunes should open and say that it detected an iPad in restore mode. Accept that pop-up...

Then, press shift and hold it while you click on the restore button in iTunes.

A pop-up window should appear for you to browse and locate that iOS 4.3.5 IPSW file you just downloaded.

Then, iTunes should take over and do a bunch of stuff - the end of which should be an iPad restored to iOS 4.3.5. You can then either elect to restore from backup or to create a new iPad (<--- that will not result in all your stuff on the iPad - the backup will).

That should work - let us know how you get on...

Marilyn

OP
M

Madewomen2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so now that i have done some research and i read in a few forums that 4.3.5 is causing wifi to crash and that there is a bug glitch or what ever that is causing a connectivity problem so instead of upgrading to the 4.3.5 i think ill wait but i still want to restore to apple ios 4.3.3 how can i do that without automatically upgrading to 4.3.5 if my itunes version and my ios is already 4.3.3 can i just unjailbreak and stay on the current ios..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can assure you there is no bug in 4.3.5 which is causing wi-fi to crash. I don't know where you read that, but bear in mind there are 100M+ iDevice users, tens of millions of which will be on 4.3.5 by now. If there was a widespread problem with wifi on that or ANY firmware Apple would move fast to fix it. Unfortunately if you google "battery" or "wifi" problems with almost any firmware version you will get hits. There is always someone somewhere who has a problem. That's just the nature of the beast when you become so popular. Unless you see official widespread confirmation of an issue you shouldn't avoid any particular version, especially not 4.3.5 if that's what you want to install.
Technically speaking 4.3.5 is feature identical to 4.3.3. It only has a couple of fixes to block jailbreaking and fix a vulnerability. The wireless / wifi code was not touched one iota, so if 4.3.5 has problems, so would 4.3.4 and 4.3.3...

Hope that clarifies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y, could the issue be with an entry on the host file? I ran into that problem before when I tried doing a restore and once I deleted them from the host file (I believe it was something like 'gs.apple.com' it restored fine... just a thought. OP, wait to hear back from f4780y on this before attempting it as I'm not positive and don't want your issue to get worse.

OP
M

Madewomen2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all just want to say thanks for all ur help.. That shift restore worked wonderful..I was able to locate the file and upgrade very easily..oh by the way the posts I read about iOS 4.3.5 was actually on apple website in the forum community section I'll try to copy link..no way I would make it up it's putting no cash in my pocket actually these devices take out so I really could care less just passing on what I read.. I'm not the job guy so this doesn't stress me out at all. As long as my I-devices are working and updated I'm great.. But thank you guys for you help, I am currently un jail broken on 4.3 .5 thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts