What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP: iPad keeps turning off

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery level indicator is known to be a bit "flakey" or innacurate at times. This is why Apple suggests that you let your iPad's battery drain completely until the unit shuts off then charge it back to 100%. Doing this is supposed to "recalibrate" the battery level indicator to give you more accurate readings... on a good day.

I have never done this. I thought I read on here, in one of my threads, actually, that you don't have to do this. In fact it was better not to.

Shitums.

I never let it drain completely ~ I don't wanna be stuck anywhere with just a little bit of juice left.

You're supposed to do that with any LiON device.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm...I am no iExpert but maybe...just maybe his battery contact with iPad somehow got loose,I mean I had an ancient cellphone with a loose battery,it would frequently go dead similar to his ipad,then I used a bit of paper to tighten the battery in its place,from then on it lost its lets go dead fever.I am not suggesting to do similar as ipad battery is non-replaceable by user but if that is the case then apple service is the right thing to seek for. I am just saying a possibility.

OP
O

oe_tuning

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick update:

The device is actually restarting by itself after it shuts down...so it is rebooting constantly. This occurs even after I restore to 3.2.2 and continue to reboot when it is plugged in to USB or travel charger.

So I think this should be a hardware defect?

Thanks eeryone!

Most reactions

Latest posts