What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad won't turn on - whatever I do!

TehRealTBL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Ipadforums,
yesterday I was just having fun on my ipad, doing whatever, when it seemed to just shut off. I had stopped using it for a while, but when I went back to it it seemed to be dead.
This was odd, considering the fact that I just had it at above 20% and only stopped using it for 10 minutes.
So, I tried to turn it back on, and it didn't turn on. I also noticed that the battery symbol wasn't flashing.
After I noticed that I plugged it into the wall for a while, still no battery symbol or sign of life whatsoever in my device.
After that I tried a hard reset. That failed too.
So, finally, I tried to plug it into iTunes.
iTunes didn't recognize my iPad - In fact, it seemed to confuse it with another iPad. A window reading 'looking for iPad' flashed for about 2-5 seconds before nothing really happened.
Is there some form of hardware failure in my device? Should I go to the apple store, and if I should, does anybody know if there's a cost?
Thanks,
TehRealTBL

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it still under the 1 year warranty? You can contact apple and they will arrange a repair for you, you can post it off or take it to your nearest store. Mine also has done this once or twice recently, and I think mine is a ram issue as its getting really slow and unresponsive. However luckily mine has turned back on. I've only had my iPad 2 for 11 months now.
So is it completely dead, did you try plugging it into iTunes and using DFU mode? Do you get the USB icon saying connect to iTunes? How long did you charge it for? Sometimes it can turn itself back on after charging 5 mins. Sometimes the buttons stick, so do check that's not the issue also. What was you doing with it when it crashed? Have you ever dropped it or spilt anything on it? Hope you get it sorted but the answer is likely to be check your warranty with apple and it should be free repair if it's still under warranty.

Black_Soul33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe something is wrong with the battery....Check with your nearest Apple Store....

Sent from my iPad 32GB using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe there's a fault in the battery wiring, with no power getting to the device? I think you should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store to have it checked out. If there's a fault with the iPad, is should be covered under warranty.

Most reactions

Latest posts