What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! I am brand new the Apple world.....

ylobricrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and I know that I will look like an idiot but I seriously have never used an iPod or have an iPhone but I had to have the iPad that came with NO instructions for the initial set-up. Upon initial turn on, it is asking me to connect to iTunes.....here is the dumb question.....my teens have iTunes on their HP laptops. Assuming I have to connect to iTunes to get to the HOme page, can I synch the two of them? And if so, how? :(
I told you I was new at this!

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should probably choose which one to sync to. Hint: use the one with the best apps, music and videos.

After that, yeah, you're in!

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDevices will sync to only one computer. One iSomething, one computer. If you take an iJailed device and try to sync it with a second computer, it will get wiped out. You can of course plug it in to another computer to charge it, but whenever iTunes opens, close it and pay no attention to what it says. Same story with an iJailbroken device.

There are alternatives to iTunes though. I haven't used any of them quite yet, I don't really depend on wired syncs but i understand that in theory they work exactly like iTunes minus the App Store.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep just connect an create your own iTunes account. Go to apple store if you need help. They also have iPad workshops for free a few times a month to teesch you new things

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep just connect an create your own iTunes account. Go to apple store if you need help. They also have iPad workshops for free a few times a month to teesch you new things

Really? Workshops? What's to learn? Oh right... The first rule of the iPad is you don't walk and chew at the same time :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh right... The first rule of the iPad is you don't walk and chew at the same time :D
But it is OK to walk and text on a iPhone at the same time!

mail-n-walk.jpg

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
haha, I saw that for android too - it just passes your camera video as a background to your text app. I still wouldnt attempt text-driving

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have that for my Touch Pro 2. Works... kinda... it was originally created for the HD2 camera so it lags a little but it works. And yes, I wouldn't attempt to drive while doing that. No point... regular texting works just fine while driving :)

Most reactions

Latest posts