What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Remote App shows my Library, but I am unable to connect

Kezug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have setup, reinstalled, checked my firewall, restarted my router, multiple times, but I am unable to connect to my Library using the Remote App

I used to have this working but its been awhile and the only thing I have changed was my router (had a WRT54GS linksys and now have a Netgear WNDR3700)

I have never had to do port forwarding or set anything special with my firewalls.

I have checked my router and I have SSID broadcasted, no port restrictions (even tried port forwarding the port specified to both my PC IP and the iPad IP address, still no luck).

When I enable my iTunes Home Sharing, my Library pops up on the iPad instantly, so it sees it and there is some communication. However, when I go to my Library, it fails to connect with this error:
"Remote can't connect to your iTunes library. Check your network settings and try again"

NOTE: I have even followed the troubleshooting from support.apple regarding this and one tip says to go to iTunes preference and "look for iPOd touch, iPhone, iPad Remotes" to be enabled. However, I do not see this option ANYWHERE in preferences!
I have Norton (thru comcast) for my firewall and I made sure iTunes was set to Auto (I even set it to Allow just to be safe).
I have Netgear WND3700
I have Remote 2.2 (338) installed
I have iTunes 10 installed on my Windows Vista PC

What is it that is causing me to not connect?

Please suggest a different forum if this is not the right place

Last edited:
OP
K

Kezug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After all this...I simply downloaded the update from 10.5.2.2 to 10.5.2.11 and all is working fine....what a time waster!

Most reactions