What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help for Time Problem?

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been having to reset the time clock on my iPad every day because it is often off be maybe 5 minutes per day. Is this normal? If not, what can I do to correct the problem?

Thanks.

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's been a couple of days since I posted, but no response.

Surely someone else has had this problem n'cest pas?

So I thought I would ask again?

Help!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine sets itself from the network and is always exactly right. I don't know what country you are in but you may want to go to settings and make sure you have that checked. Use network time...

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine sets itself from the network and is always exactly right. I don't know what country you are in but you may want to go to settings and make sure you have that checked. Use network time...

I'm in the US----but I can't find any way to choose "network time.". How do I do it? Thanks.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>General>Date&Time>Set Automatically ON

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings>General>Date&Time>Set Automatically ON

There is no "automatically on" switch on mine. Only choices are "24 hour time," "set time zone," and "set date and time." None of these choices has an automatic option.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under 24 hour time, your iPad does not have "Set Automatically"?

What OS are you running?

I am running 4.2.1

OP
Heaviside

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Under 24 hour time, your iPad does not have "Set Automatically"?

What OS are you running?

I am running 4.2.1

No, 24hour time is only an on-off switch!

My OS is 4.2.1----same as yours!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I seem to remember someone saying that the non-3G models didn't have the network option.

SBHOKC, your sig says you have both types. Could you check this? I'm afraid I only have an older iPod Touch for comparison. It does not have the network option.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never thought that they would be different in that respect. Going to look now.......

Well you are absolutely correct. The wifi only models do NOT have this feature and the other one is 4 minutes fast all the time. Good call twerppoet. OP it looks like you will have to live with it until Apple comes up with a fix. Sorry, tried to help.

Most reactions

Latest posts