What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Bricked iPad?!

Jakdaniel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, so I've always been one for fixing my apple products without the help of apple themselves. Unfortunately I am at a complete loss this time, maybe someone here can help.

I have an iPad 16gb that I bought in September. I had no problems whatsoever, I jailbroke it with no problems when Limera1n came out, and it was working up to par for weeks. One day it stops charging, or at least to its full potential. It wouldn't display anything to acknowledge that it was plugged in,but would eventually charge if left plugged in for a few days. I decided to go into my settings and erase everything to factory default. After doing so, the iPad is stuck in a boot loop. It will sit on the apple logo until it dies and displays the low battery symbol. I have tried DFU mode, recovery mode, hard resets, everything, but every time I plug it in my computer says it has malfunctioned and is not recognized.

Can anyone help with this???

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....... every time I plug it in my computer says it has malfunctioned and is not recognized.

Can anyone help with this???

iPAD needs the iTune in order to start a new life.
In your question, you did not mentioned any attempt to try another iTune to be connected to your "Re-Born iPAD".
Some times, connecting the iPAD to another computer with another iTune, makes all the difference.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And TBH, I have never seen a 100% bricked ipad. Besides, you have a year warranty. Just take it back if all efforts are to no avail.:)

OP
J

Jakdaniel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried it on another iTunes on another computer which was also a PC.Someone recommended trying on a mac which I will do soon. I have tried restoring via the suggested method and it did not work.

Worse comes to worst I will just bring it to the Apple store and ask for a replacement.

Most reactions

Latest posts