What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!! bbc iplayer, sound but no picture

shegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The bbc iplayer only shows about 20 seconds, then the picture disappears and only the sound remains, so frustrating!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
The app is completely sound, so it's 1 of 2 things -

Either your Internet connection isn't up to the job, or more likely....
You have apps open in the background that are conflicting with the Iplayer. Even if not, make sure all background apps are off, then re-boot. The iOS is shifty like this, and the layer is pretty susceptible to conflicting from other apps.

OP
S

shegirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that my Internet connection is poor, but I can watch tv on the iplayer on my laptop without too much of a problem , so I'll try your other suggestion, thanks!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shegirl said:
I know that my Internet connection is poor, but I can watch tv on the iplayer on my laptop without too much of a problem , so I'll try your other suggestion, thanks!

Of course your laptop can probably do a better job of buffering for those moments when your Internet slows to a crawl whilst streaming......there isn't normally as much useable memory for buffering on an iPad so although the connection speed is the same you don't have the safety of a large buffer with the iPad.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts