What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headphones

Highlow87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thiskingdombythesea.tumblr.com
I've been looking for a really good pair of headphones for a while now. I just bought the V-Moda Crossfade LPs and they are good but they still aren't quite what I'm looking for. I've had the Bose on ear and over ear headphones too and haven't really been happy with those either.

so, I was wondering if you guys could recommend a pair or just mention which ones you're using now so I can check them out.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Klipsch - Image S4 Earbud Headphones - S4 KLIPSCH

That's what bought recently for watching movies and listening to music on my iPad. The reviews at cnet.com were really high so I figured I'd check them out.

The reviews were right...they sound really good. Gotta make sure you put them in your ear correctly so they get a good seal or they won't sound so good...the main indicator if you didn't put them in correctly is that the bass will sound washed out and muddy.

OP
Highlow87

Highlow87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thiskingdombythesea.tumblr.com
It's really hard for me to do inears because they tend to always fall out and I think I might have really small ears or something. haha.
But I think monster does the Dr. Dre headphones and those were one of the headphones I was considering but I asked one of the guys at the apple store what he thought about them and he said that it's mostly the name people are buying and that monster isn't really known for headphones. He said to either go v-moda or Bower & Wilkins p5. anybody have any experience with the B&W?

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Monster teamed up with Dr. Dre to make them. You should at least try a pair of the studios before making a decision on them. Oh, and they also look like a million bucks :) .

T

TJK

Most better in-the-ears come with different tips so you can customize the fit. This also helps the quality of sound, isolation, and bass response. For travel I find over the ear a real PITA.

I personally use dual driver Shure E5 in-the-ear that were custom fitted by an audiologist.
(I also perform music live so I wear them for monitoring on stage.)

On the Monster issue I will agree that they can make some nice products but I REFUSE to give them any of my money because of the CEO, Noel Lee. (just google Noel Lee lawsuit or trademark sometime.) they also use pseudo science to market their cables and power products. In the pro audio community where I earn my living they are largely reviled despite their success yet the typical consumer customer is probably unaware.

For in the ear types with live performance cred check out Shure, Ultimate Ears, Westone, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, Sensaphonics.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have used these for a really long time and I will go back because the price to performance ratio is astounding:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX300-B-Earbuds-Black/dp/B000E6G9RI"]Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black): Electronics[/ame]

41ZOfA3WNIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I'm on my third pair now - I wear them out hanging on things, sleeping with them in, and jogging.

And you can find them everywhere.

I'm on something else now that were three times more expensive, but to be honest, I would go back to the Sennheiser and take my money back any time.

Most reactions

Latest posts