What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBOGo Released!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(Does not work with) ...Comcast.

Oh well, Netflix works as does my Slingbox.

Can't speak to whether it works on the iPad, but it works quite well on my laptop via my Comcast subscription to HBO. There may be a couple of factors at work here.

First, you must have a subscription to HBO through your cable provider, as noted above. It's not a "free" service. Second, I'm not certain that all Comcast subscribers can access premium content (such as HBO) on devices other than their TV's. Here in the Seattle area, Comcast was re-branded as "Xfinity" when it began offering premium programming on wireless devices. If that is not yet a nationwide feature, you may not be able to access HBO or other premium content.

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am now watching the HBO app.. Thanks to my mom subscribing to Fios!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please don't start your thought in the subject line, that's really annoying!

App works great for me! Watched 5 episodes of Entourage yesterday.

gpejsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HBO Go Sound Problem for Ipad2

The HBO GO program works fine on my iphone4, but the sound doesn't work on the Ipad2...the video seems fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
A

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are u guys sure the mute switch is not on?? I have no sound issues on mine. Picture and sound is superb.

gpejsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution!

I figured out how to sidestep the sound problem with My ipad 2 and the HBO GO app....it required changing my horiz/veritcal slide setting to MUTE....this is under General Settings...Once I set it to mute, I went to the HBO GO app and things worked GREAT.

:)

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the HBO Go app and I love it, got caught up on the first season of Eastbound & Down.. Only downside is that the video signal doesn't work with AirPlay on the Apple TV, so I couldn't throw the video from the app via the iPad to my television.. I figure it's a licensing thing, but it sends the audio signal perfectly..

In any event, the app is pretty good, and if you're an HBO lover, there is tons of content and HBO Original Series available..

Now we just need that dang video to work via AirPlay..

trialpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No sound

I also cannot hear any sound on the Ipad original version for the HBO G0. I have not found any solutions as of yet

trialpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved. Despite sound being on for all other programs, mute was on in the general settings. These are the ones that pop up when you double tap the program button.

NaplesiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only problem is that it plays for a few mins then pauses for a few mins then plays.... On and on. Anyone else have that?

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NaplesiPad said:
My only problem is that it plays for a few mins then pauses for a few mins then plays.... On and on. Anyone else have that?

Sounds like that may be an issue with your network speed.. Or, your internet speed..

Lathby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
video stalling on hbogo

Yes, and it's incredibly annoying. The only thing I can think of is that it's optimized for an Ipad 2 with 3g connectivity rather than a mere wifi-only Ipad 2 (like mine). I'm hoping there's a fix in the works for it, I'd really love to watch all those shows but it's nearly impossible to enjoy them when the video pauses every 3-4 minutes and you're forced to hit the 30 second rewind button to get it going again. Took me 40 minutes to watch a 27 minute episode of "Extras". Bleh.

Most reactions