What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yosemite is released today, but WHEN?

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I watched the event live today, and Timmy said that Yosemite would be released today. I'll be able to see it in the app store when its released, right? Does anyone know when today it might be available for download?

OP
DrumsOfGrohl

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I click that link, Apple gives me a "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store." notice. :) You Austrian's get it sooner than us!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I click that link, Apple gives me a "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store." notice. :) You Austrian's get it sooner than us!
That's a link I found on the US Apple site. I don't know if it's available here, I don't have a Mac. There seem to be problems. A website says it's available (UK), but it doesn't work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The servers are bound to be a bit busy. It's not as bad as an iOS update, but unless you're in some kind of special hurry, it should be easier tomorrow, or the day after.

Besides, you really should be making sure you've got good backups first. :)

That said, I'll probably spend the evening updating. I intend to do a clean update this time, so I'll probably still be adding stuff back tomorrow, and the day after.

First, I need to take inventory of my most used apps, and make sure they are either from the App Store, or I have all the necessary registration codes to re-install them.

Busy, busy, busy. Lots to do, even if the update isn't available yet.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try again, if you want to download it immediately. There are a few websites that say it's available. Apple was working on it, perhaps it's possible to upgrade now.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed the Yosemite update last night on my MacBook Pro. Everything went smoothly and it's working great so far! I really like the new look and everything seems a tad faster too. Great update, IMO,

And, everything plays nice using the new iCloud drive too. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just downloaded Yosemite on my Mac Book Air. It took 40 minutes to download and another 18 minutes to install. So far...so good. Nice look. As s2mickey says...the iCloud Drive seems to work well with everything. I've also managed to put my dock onto the right side of my screen instead on the bottom for a change. :)

Most reactions