What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hay Day Discussion and Game Help Thread (NO FRIEND REQUESTS)

d3li9ht

iPF Noob
Reaction score
badmann said:
Well, I'm no economist either (I'm a mathematician) but I'm pretty sure about this.
Just think about it: in a rational universe, nobody would buy my chicken feed for 72 gold if they can easily buy eggs for 50. Infact, I think that supply and demand should act so that the price for chicken feed ends up lower than the price for eggs.

Ahhh, there's the key phrase: "in a rational universe" ;)

I'm curious on finding more facts that our beloved game is not "a rational universe". Anyone care to give their thoughts? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF. I'm a proud F.A.R.M member ^_^

patcha123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ornatrix said:
Anyone still have needs? Juice? Pie? Cakes? Anything?

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF. I'm a proud F.A.R.M member.

Chocolate cake, again!

Mickymaid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
d3li9ht said:

I'm curious on finding more facts that our beloved game is not "a rational universe". Anyone care to give their thoughts? ;)

My thought is, IT'S JUST A GAME!! In real life who would pay any of these prices, except maybe the jewelry and bars....

Sent from my iPad using iPF I'm a proud F.A.R.M member.

badmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
d3li9ht said:

A while ago I had two slots of 10 bacon (I think) on sale in my shop for two different prices. The batch that got sold first was the more expensive one.

In fact I just thought of an experiment to test the "Hay Day Efficient Market Hypothesis"... I'll try it out now and tell you the results later. Maybe publish them in a economics journal or so :D

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Magg1e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickymaid said:
My thought is, IT'S JUST A GAME!! In real life who would pay any of these prices, except maybe the jewelry and bars....

Sent from my iPad using iPF I'm a proud F.A.R.M member.

Agree ENJOY THE GAME. Because of this game i get to know some people from all over the world. PEACE EVERYONE:)

skaematik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this is all very obvious to you all, but it appears to me that the reason chicken feed is much more expensive is because it has a higher demand.

In the world of hay day, 12-18 chicken feed is required every 20 minutes, and since 3 chicken feed is produced every 5 minutes, you will not have enough time to make enough feed if you have more than 12 chickens. But that is assuming you are collecting the eggs with 100% efficiency...

Let's face it, no one likes the feeling of wasting resources and when you have fat chickens waiting to be harvested for eggs, it's hard not to... Leading to my next point...

The large supply of eggs is mainly due to the disproportion between supply and demand of eggs; Most people will not be using eggs as much as they will be producing them. In the lower levels I often had to refrain myself from producing too many eggs, but I'm not sure about 20+. The only places for me to use eggs are pies, cornbread, cookies, bacon and eggs, and pancakes. You most often will not be producing these in batch, but rather to keep a supply of 1-2 of them as required by the truck orders. Further, it's not too often that you might get these items as an order and so people have no real incentive to produce these items other than to just sell them off or for stockpiling if you have a large warehouse.

Thus eggs are in a large abundance.

But most importantly... Eggs are usually one of the things that cloggs up your warehouse... And the easiest solution is to sell them for cheap so that others would buy them quickly. However, you have many people doing this ( due to this reason, but also because they realize that harvesting eggs could easily be an easy couple of bucks of profit! From the third paragraph) and thus eggs clogg up the newspaper. Newbies that may look at the newspaper see lots of eggs being sold for a low price and may
1. Decide that eggs are extremely worthless and may not buy them at all (leading to the reduction of prices of eggs further)
2. Realize that eggs can be used as quick money by harvesting and selling them in their shop
3. Realise that in order for their eggs to sell, they have to advertise theirs at a competitive price.

Whoops, what seemed to be a quite basic attempt at an explanation became a ramble...

Edit: add in the fact that the games likes to give you notifications that your eggs are ready to be collected! That's quite annoying. Lol

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD. GC & KIK: skaematik

Last edited:

skaematik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically, we as farmers like to keep their chickens happy! Haha :)

Myvintagedreams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone needs sweaters. I've just put 10 blues and 11 greys in my roadside shop full price I'm afraid have loads of machines to buy and the mine to unlock. They are not being advertised yet but I will in a while. GC: myvintagedreams level 27

GC: myvintagedreams level: 27

eclecticsahm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of the eggs... Last night I saw 10 eggs for 5 coins, so I went out to the farm to see if there were any other cheap items. Well, all they had was the one set of 10 eggs. I felt so bad for the seller. It was a level 8 and here they were trying to sell 10 eggs for 5 coins and even at that low of price they hadn't sold. So, I bought them even though the LAST thing I needed was more eggs! Lol!! Luckily, first thing this morning a townsperson was at my door wanting eggs. :)

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
eclecticsahm said:
Speaking of the eggs... Last night I saw 10 eggs for 5 coins, so I went out to the farm to see if there were any other cheap items. Well, all they had was the one set of 10 eggs. I felt so bad for the seller. It was a level 8 and here they were trying to sell 10 eggs for 5 coins and even at that low of price they hadn't sold. So, I bought them even though the LAST thing I needed was more eggs! Lol!! Luckily, first thing this morning a townsperson was at my door wanting eggs. :)

Karma shall get u repaid soon

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

Ornatrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
Karma shall get u repaid soon

Sent from Scooter, my White 32GB iPad, using iPF in Deutschland

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF. I'm a proud F.A.R.M member.

skaematik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is weird but could someone sell me 10 wheat?
I have 1 ATM and it would take me ages to build it back up to 40... I'll pay full price

Most reactions

Latest posts