What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having Problems with Wi-Fi Sync

rabbithutch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After jailbreaking the iPad last night, I purchased Wi-Fi Sync from Cydia and finally got it installed on both the Windows laptop and the iPad. When I open iTunes on the laptop then open Wi-Fi Sync on the iPad, the laptop iTunes gives an 0xE8000065 error.

Googling has turned up a number of discussions about his error on both the iPhone and the iPad; however I've not found one that discusses the problem with Wi-Fi Sync and a jb'd iPad. Most of them have had to do with USB port problems. I do NOT have the iPad cable connected when I get this error (because the whole purpose of Wi-Fi Sync is to be able to sync without cabling).

I need help to overcome this problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, QuickTime, et al and I've power failed and restarted the iPad. The problem persists.

I know very little about jailbreaking (if anyone knows a good article on things to do AFTER jailbreaking, please post it) but liked the idea of trying new things. Most of my apps I brought over after jb'ng while still cable attached. They all work but some of them have lost there historical information. I need to get everything sync'd and want to use Wi-Fi Sync to do it.

Thanks for listening. Hope some of you young geniuses can help an old man out.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using the latest iTunes?
I don't believe WiFi Sync has been updated for a while and the PC application is quite particular about the version of iTunes it hooks into.

The latest iTunes is 10.3, but AFAIK, WiFi sync was last stable on 10.1. Can I suggest you get in touch with the developer? I am sure he will provide support. You can get the details through Cydia.

You can also log a support ticket with him from his website at Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad

Hope that helps.

OP
R

rabbithutch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

I found on rebooting my WinXP laptop that it would not start Wi-Fi Sync. The error message stated that the problem might be associated with my AV software. I'm still pursuing the fix.

While I have your ear, are there other apps for wifi syncing besides Wi-Fi Sync? I'm not married to that app (especially if it is not being kept stable with iTunes releases) and would welcome opinions about what app to use for that purpose. As I've said elsewhere, I'm absolutely new to iPad hacks and have lots to learn.

OP
R

rabbithutch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other Wireless Sync Apps?

OK. I got burned for the $10 bucks, too, I guess. :mad:

So, are there other apps that allow synching your iOS4 devices without the cable? If so, what do you folks recommend?

TIA

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shame. You'll just have to wait it out till September and it will be built into iTunes and iOS5 officially... No other solutions in the meantime.

However, have you tried downgrading iTunes to a supported WiFiSync version (10.1 I think)?

In many cases you don't really NEED the very latest iTunes. You may find you can sacrifice a few unimportant features to get the one thing you want working again...

Worth a try.

OP
R

rabbithutch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give that a try. But, be forewarned. If I my google can't find it, I'll BE BACK! (You haff to iMAGine the djerman accent.)

Most reactions

Latest posts