What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wi-fi problems w/ 4.3.1 jailbroken iPad

mig_akira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I bought an wi-fi only 16gb iPad 1. At day 1 I jailbroke it using sn0wbreeze and upgraded it to 4.3.1.

But I'm having some wi-fi issues. I can connect, but after a random amount of time (could be 1 day or 10 minutes), the connection fails without showing any warning - even the wi-fi icon is always there on the notification bar. But the iPad simply won't receive any data.

I have to manually disconnect and reconnect, and then everything is ok again.

Is this an iPad issue, or it could be a firmware issue?

I live in Brazil, so I can't send it back to apple or anything like that. If it's a hardware issue, I'll have to live with that!

many thanks!!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt very much that the problem is anything to do with the jailbreak itself. Nothing in the JB payload for the iPad will effect your wireless receivers in any way.

You might try the following as a first step...

Settings > General > Reset Network Settings

You will then have to rejoin your wi-fi network(s).

This sometimes resolves common wifi connection troubles. If you still have your problem afterwards, can you post some details of what wifi router name / model you are connecting to and the flavour of wifi and security type you have enabled on the network?

OP
M

mig_akira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks for your answer! I have already done the reset all networks, but the problem still persists.

I'm using a 802.11g router, d-link wbr-1310, with WPA2 security.

Thanks!

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mig_akira said:
Hello!

Thanks for your answer! I have already done the reset all networks, but the problem still persists.

I'm using a 802.11g router, d-link wbr-1310, with WPA2 security.

Thanks!

Some things to try are changing the security mode on the router to see if that might be causing some issues. You could also verify that you have the latest firmware loaded onto your router. A reboot of the router couldn't hurt to try as well.

Do you have this same problem on any wireless network or just on the network at home?

There also could simply be some sort of interference in your house or the houses around you causing the wireless to drop.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M

mig_akira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

It seems that the problem was really my router! I guess the Dlink wbr-1310 couldn't handle all the connections at home. I bought a new router (a TP-Link tl-wr941n) and now the iPad is running with wi-fi on for almost 2 days straight!

Thanks everyone!!!

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mig_akira said:
Hello!

It seems that the problem was really my router! I guess the Dlink wbr-1310 couldn't handle all the connections at home. I bought a new router (a TP-Link tl-wr941n) and now the iPad is running with wi-fi on for almost 2 days straight!

Thanks everyone!!!

Glad you got it sorted out. :)

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts