What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 jailbroken WI-FI SYNC | Frash ( flash) PROBLEMS

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings...

I bought yesterday a ipad2 Wi-fi 3G 16gb and I did the jailbreakMe from the site so far so good.

I downloaded the Wi-Fi Sync but it said is not recognize from the ipad then I read and it says is to iphone.

So My question is where do I get Wi-Fi sync to ipad or a apps that sync ipad with iTunes without usb cable.

Another Questiion I downloaded Flarsh ( flash) but does not work too.

Can you help me I do apreciatte.

Thanks.

OP
M

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It cames with 4.3.3
I DL frash ( flash) from cydia but can get the flash to work.

And Wi-Fi sync is for iphone it says in description I dont see nothing mentioned ipad.
I Downloaded it and really says the device is not compatible.

So whats the solution?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, as peled said, it's great news that you got a 4.3.3 iPad2 out of the box. Just be careful you don't' get forced into a restore situation as you will lose your ability to jailbreak.

Now, WiFi Sync is iPad compatible, however, the problem is it has not been updated recently AFAIK for the later releases of iTunes. Version 1.1a has been out for a really long time and was targeted at the very first iTunes 10.1 release.
iTunes is now at 10.3 (public) and 10.5 (beta) and it just doesn't work reliably with WiFi Sync at all (10.5beta has Apples own WiFi sync technology built in which does work quite well, but you also need IOS5beta on your iPad, and it is just for developers at the moment).
So, I'm afraid you are pretty much stuck in limbo with the old WiFi sync product. You could try removing iTunes and installing an older supported version for WiFi sync (you can find old version though google quite easily) - but this may introduce issues in other areas. Honesty, I would live without it for now...

Secondly, frash is a dead project and simply does not work on 4.3.3 at all. You will get a fresh "food error" more often than not on the majority of flash content. There is no other jailbreak solution for flash sorry. It's just not one of the main reasons to JB. The best you can do is enable flash video content via some of the official proxy browser apps via the App Store such as Skyfire, but I don't use any of these so can't recommend a particular one. There are lots of threads about them though, so please search if you are interested.

Sorry it's not more positive news! You've picked just about the 2 worst things to try out your jailbreak with!

OP
M

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want flash because want to play zynga poker on facebook nothing more.

I mean Wi-Fi Sync app in ipad 2 when I run it it said incompatible device.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean Wi-Fi Sync app in ipad 2 when I run it it said incompatible device.

Ah, so it does. Just tried it out myself. I think I stopped using it long before the iPad2 came out! It does support iPad1. Sorry about that.

OP
M

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so whats the other way to sync ipad 2 with iTunes via Wi-Fi ?

Another question to not open a new topic. When I click restore in iTunes it says will restore to the default as I bought but how can I restore things from 1 day or restore to work without jailbreak, 2 days ago when I bought it?

is there any danger to upgrade to IOS 5 with jailbreak ?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
so whats the other way to sync ipad 2 with iTunes via Wi-Fi ?

You need to be in the IOS developer programme and use iTunes 10.5 beta and IOS 5.0beta5.

OR you can wait till September when iTunes 10.5 & IOS5 will be launched to the public.

But there is no jailbreak for iOS5 iPad2 at the moment.

OP
M

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read before do the jailbreak its important to make a backup but unfortunately I did not.
Personally I need to do that I need to control my ipad2 if I want to change it to default I change if I want to jailbreak again I do.. do you understand?

vincent_5637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yaya
i want to play fb game as well,
u got it now?
plz share once u got it, ok?
thanks in advance ya

OP
M

MacOsxPT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tryed rdp in my opinion is a stupid thing.
I have a mbp and I can connect my ipad2 to my mbp with rdp but whats the point?
I mean you connect ur ipad to mbp and open the browser you will get flash on it because ur are working with mac browser but the things are very slow I have no time for it.. but u can try.

Most reactions