What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haven't updated in a while...

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't paid attention to iOS updates in a long while; my 5S is still sitting on JB 8.1.2

What are some of the major new features in 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4? Just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade or just wait until 9.0.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't paid attention to iOS updates in a long while; my 5S is still sitting on JB 8.1.2

What are some of the major new features in 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4? Just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade or just wait until 9.0.
The biggest change is the new iTunes app in iOS 8.4, with Apple Music.

If you wait till iOS 9 is released, there may not be a jailbreak available for some time, leaving you stuck on iOS 8.1.2. Since there's a jailbreak available for iOS 8.4 right now, you may as well update before you lose your chance when iOS 9 is released.

BTW, make sure to do the restore through iTunes on your computer, after backing up your iPad. There's also a way to back up your jailbroken apps and tweaks as well.

In addition, since you're talking about a jailbroken iPad, I've moved your post to the Hacking Forum where it will receive more attention.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts