What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

greenpois0n RC5 WINDOWS VERSION release

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah! I jailbroke this mofo this morning. I only wanted Ifiles n SBsettings back. Now im stuck wondering, what else shoukd i look into, as far as jailbrake apps go. I only wanted to jailbrake to get ifiles ti delete all the emulators roms i still had n my ipad from when i updated. It only freed up 2 gb worth once i deleted them thru ifiles...lol i thought it was more thn that. I guess when i have over 150 apps(17gb worth) that takes up most of the room..lmao. My purchased games take up the most room. Out of 32 gb i still have like 9.5GB worth left of memory, so im good.
B4 Netflix n Xfinity app, i always downloaded movies n such to my ipad thru unlimitedvids or whateva. No need for it really now since netflix n xfinity app streams movies instantly. Hmmmm.......im thinkn i just jailbroke juss for the hell of it really..lol hopefully Cydia has some new apps i can check out. Plus i saw on Hackstor that ipad can get facetime vids now. But its some complicated process to do it. I wish there was just an app for dat ;-).

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

kon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I the only person having problems jailbraking an ipad with the latest greenpoison release?
It took a few minutes to jailbreak my son's 3G iPhone but the ipad won't give an inch.

I am following the same procedure as per the iphone, but with the iPad, I get as far as the white screen and then the apple logo appears and jb fails.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing here, origional apple logo on boot up. My understanding is, if cydia installs, its jailbroke.

To get the boot logo go here. How to Activate Custom Animated Boot Logo in GreenPoison RC5 [Guide]

how do you change the permission?
Step 3: SSH into your device and place the Animate file in /usr/bin/.

Download openssh off of Cydia, then go to your computer. Download winscp if you are on windows, or terminal if you have a Mac. The host name is the iPads ip address and the username is root and the password is alpine. Winscp will give you some kind of warning but click yes. Find the file you downloaded and copy and paste or drag and drop into usr/bin/ and right click or option click and click properties. In winscp, it should have a tab for security. Click that and there is a bunch of checkboxes and a text box. Click inside the text box and change the numbers to 0755. I think terminal is similar.

Last edited:

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went ahead and gave this a try. I have zero experience with Apple products or JB'ing. Yes, it was simple and fast to JB my iPad.

Maybe I need more time, but I don't get it. Now that I have this JB installed, the iPad reboots randomly, operates much slower than before, and the Cydia market is not easy to navigate.

I thought it would be fun to try some other themes, but I got tired of browsing through them all trying to find one that worked with 4.2.1. The lack of screenshots or previews is a bummer too.

Yes, I realize it was free and you get what you pat for. I was just a bit surprised at the letdown after reading through this forum for a couple months and everyone made it out like JBing your iPad would make it a million times better.

-Mike

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went ahead and gave this a try. I have zero experience with Apple products or JB'ing. Yes, it was simple and fast to JB my iPad.

Maybe I need more time, but I don't get it. Now that I have this JB installed, the iPad reboots randomly, operates much slower than before, and the Cydia market is not easy to navigate.

I thought it would be fun to try some other themes, but I got tired of browsing through them all trying to find one that worked with 4.2.1. The lack of screenshots or previews is a bummer too.

Yes, I realize it was free and you get what you pat for. I was just a bit surprised at the letdown after reading through this forum for a couple months and everyone made it out like JBing your iPad would make it a million times better.

-Mike
Well not just themes but also tweaks like having to be able to place more than 12 apps inside folders ~ infinifolders
Verticle scrolling instead of the stock horizontal scrolling ~ infiniboard
Being able to place the icons anywhere on the home screen ~ gridlock
ChangeCarrier ~ to change ipad name.

Other suggestions:
SBSsettings
Graviboard ~ nice lil trick
SleepFx
MoveToUnlock

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Am I the only person having problems jailbraking an ipad with the latest greenpoison release?
It took a few minutes to jailbreak my son's 3G iPhone but the ipad won't give an inch.

I am following the same procedure as per the iphone, but with the iPad, I get as far as the white screen and then the apple logo appears and jb fails.

Thanks

What firmware is currently on ipad?

MJ5150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll scope it out. Thanks for the additional tips. I did some looking at some of the must have Cydia apps, but a couple of those are new to me.

-Mike

kon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

I upgraded from 3.2.2 to

2.4.2.1 (8c148)

iBold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title says, it's out people... go get it.
Just used it, and we are untethered! Yay :D

For info, the same rules apply to this as did for redsn0w if you are on Vista or Windows7.
You need to run it under compatibility mode for "Windows XP Service Pack 2" and with administrator privileges.

Sorry for not linking originally, I just guessed everyone would be able to have a stab at it... GreenPois0n

If you are already JB tethered with redsn0w you can simply run greenpois0n OVER THE TOP. No need to restore. It will simply untether your existing jailbreak!

That is not only true, i did the same and i had to restore to get things working again...
If you do this it looks like it kills your springboard...and all icons are to far apart..:mad:

blac2k8cs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing here, origional apple logo on boot up. My understanding is, if cydia installs, its jailbroke.

To get the boot logo go here. How to Activate Custom Animated Boot Logo in GreenPoison RC5 [Guide]

how do you change the permission?
Step 3: SSH into your device and place the Animate file in /usr/bin/.
How do you SSH into your device? I know thats a newb question and I have been doing research but can't seem to make it work. I downloaded the trial version of CuteFTP and have tried to set it up with my device but I cannot make it work! What app do I need on my ipod/ipad to make this easier to do? I need to change permissions on some files and it's driving me crazy. Any help you or anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

I upgraded from 3.2.2 to

2.4.2.1 (8c148)

I have exactly the same problem - tried it 6 times so far and tired of restoring all the time, after the JB fails. Maybe we're the only ones or maybe we should wait for a future release of Greenpoison...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is not only true, i did the same and i had to restore to get things working again...
If you do this it looks like it kills your springboard...and all icons are to far apart..:mad:

Sorry it didn't work for you. I simply ran it over the top of my redsn0w tethered iPad and everything works fine and continues to be OK at this point. Stable and absolutely no springboard / icon issues. YMMV

Most reactions

Latest posts