What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green with envy

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My wife got her 21.5"iMac today. I'm feelin a tad left out :-|

Well, you could always purchase the 27" iMac! :D

Our Dell PC running Windows XP is 6-7 y/o - we need a new DT computer; my son just bought a 27" iMac - he & his wife are enjoying the experience - now retired, I don't need PC work compatibility, so we will likely replace our current one w/ an iMac, and will go w/ a 27" monitor - Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you could always purchase the 27" iMac! :D

Our Dell PC running Windows XP is 6-7 y/o - we need a new DT computer; my son just bought a 27" iMac - he & his wife are enjoying the experience - now retired, I don't need PC work compatibility, so we will likely replace our current one w/ an iMac, and will go w/ a 27" monitor - Dave :)

Oh that's even a better recommendation--go big!!

I just bought a Macbook Air, Dave and just love it. I also had a HP desktop that was just as old and needed replacement for it. I decided to go with a laptop to replace the old desktop and sony laptop I had. Love them both and have not had any trouble with compatibility issues when converting Pages to Office documents at work. I am very pleased!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I just bought a Macbook Air, Dave and just love it. I also had a HP desktop that was just as old and needed replacement for it. I decided to go with a laptop to replace the old desktop and sony laptop I had. Love them both and have not had any trouble with compatibility issues when converting Pages to Office documents at work. I am very pleased!

Hi again Carol - we need to replace a bunch of aging PC equipment - our first purchases in the next month or so will be a 13" MacBook Air laptop for me (replaces an aging Dell VISTA) & an iPad Mini for my wife (will replace her Color Nook which seems to be in Limbo?) - THEN, she has an aging DELL XP that needs to be replaced - so, a little later this year, I'm looking @ that 27" iMac - FUNNY, I started w/ an Apple II+ in 1980, NOW returning to the fold 30+ yrs later? Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again Carol - we need to replace a bunch of aging PC equipment - our first purchases in the next month or so will be a 13" MacBook Air laptop for me (replaces an aging Dell VISTA) & an iPad Mini for my wife (will replace her Color Nook which seems to be in Limbo?) - THEN, she has an aging DELL XP that needs to be replaced - so, a little later this year, I'm looking @ that 27" iMac - FUNNY, I started w/ an Apple II+ in 1980, NOW returning to the fold 30+ yrs later? Dave :)

That's sounds exciting and wonderful, Dave! I think you will really enjoy getting the 13" MacBook Air. It is an incredible laptop. I have had mine for about a month and learning so many things on it. I think your wife will also love the mini. I'd like to get the Mini as well-but wait to see what they come out with this year. I hope it has new guts in it.

Seems like you were on the right track and heading back that way when you started with an Apple II in 1980! Can't wait to hear when you begin purchasing these wonderful devices. Let us know how you and your wife like it all! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Pages is as good looking on the Mac screen as it is on the iPad. I downloaded OpenOffice too, for full file compatibility.

I don't think it matters which of the current rash of Macs you buy. They are all beautiful to look at and a pleasure to use.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are making this really hard. I just visited the Apple Store yesterday to look at the Apple TV and the iPad Mini when the genius takes me by the 27" iMac - WOW! Stunning, now I want one bad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When it came time to buy my MBP, I very nearly decided against it, in favor of the iMac 27", but I wanted something I could use on the road, and the MBP is a class act too.

If you think it LOOKS great, just wait until you use one. Mountain Lion is incredible.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When it came time to buy my MBP, I very nearly decided against it, in favor of the iMac 27", but I wanted something I could use on the road, and the MBP is a class act too.

If you think it LOOKS great, just wait until you use one. Mountain Lion is incredible.

I was planning on going to Santa Barbara for a day or two on my tax refund, I may have to do this instead.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was planning on going to Santa Barbara for a day or two on my tax refund, I may have to do this instead.

The iMac will still be around long after the tan has faded. You know it makes sense. Don't forget the statutory photographs of the unboxing. I don't think we've had a 27" iMac yet.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really wish I could justify the added expense just now but alas, I can't. I WILL get a 27" iMac when I buy my next computer though. I am so sick of Windows and also the bloatware that the re-sellers (Dell, HP etc) load up on the off the shelf computers.

Cheers and Happy St Paddy's Day.

Dan

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess this'll have to do for now. :D

macbuntu.jpg

Most reactions