What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green with envy

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't afford an iMac or MacBook but what I can afford is a Mac mini. Got one about a week ago; SO much nicer than the crappy eMachine I was using before.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't afford an iMac or MacBook but what I can afford is a Mac mini. Got one about a week ago; SO much nicer than the crappy eMachine I was using before.

I was seriously going to get one of those. It may still be a possibility for our computer up at our cottage. Glad to hear you like it, Mdholm!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I used to have a Mac Mini, I loved it, I've moved over to an MBA now but seriously thinking about getting another Mac Mini to under the TV (which is where the last one used to reside) to double as a desktop and an entertainment centre.

The Archangel

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love them both and have not had any trouble with compatibility issues when converting Pages to Office documents at work. I am very pleased!

Oh, you will my son . . . you will. I would wait on the party hats because when you do have issues, you will pull your hair out.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gab, I would be very interested in how you would set that up? We have an Apple TV but I'm looking at a Mac mini for a future purpose.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gab, I would be very interested in how you would set that up? We have an Apple TV but I'm looking at a Mac mini for a future purpose.

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

It's actually really easy, get yourself a wireless keyboard and mouse, put the mini under the TV (or on top, behind, beside, whatever takes your fancy), connect the Mini to the TV with the HDMI lead (I can't remember if it comes with it or you have to buy it but they aren't very expensive)......switch everything on, find the mini on your TV channels then pair the keyboard and mouse, set up the mini (like any other mac) then you are off, you have iTunes onboard, you could store ripped movies onboard or on an external HD.

So, you'll have your music, photos and films always there, which you can also have with your current Apple TV set up but you also have a full blown Mac computer available to you.

That was the set up that I had for ages and now I'm heading over to the Apple refurb store and hoping that they don't have any Mac Mini's!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Giggle. You make me laugh. What's the best version. I have a 2TB external hard drive already so space not necessary. It's the ram that's important, isn't it?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giggle. You make me laugh. What's the best version. I have a 2TB external hard drive already so space not necessary. It's the ram that's important, isn't it?

The current line up come with 4GB as standard......a brand new 500GB 2.5Ghz model comes in at £499.....that would be plenty fast enough and an inexpensive way to get a pretty powerful Mac......I'd recommend the Mini to anyone who doesn't need a laptop.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, a laptop is not going to be needed. I'm on the iPad more.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, a laptop is not going to be needed. I'm on the iPad more.

And remember, like the Apple TV, if you do need to travel it's small enough to throw in your bag to take with you and plug in at your destination.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yikes! That's implying I use a bag, Gab. Remember I'm still a tomboy at heart. The only time I use a bag is for my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts