What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google to Announce Cheap Android Tablet Soon

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Google_tablet.JPG

They’re all at it! Yes, with Microsoft’s announcement yesterday of its new Surface tablet, AppleInsider reports today that according to The Wall Street Journal, Google is also expected to unveil its own branded Android tablet in the next few weeks. The WSJ’s sources say that the new tablet will be very competitively priced in comparison to the iPad, and has been co-created by Google and Asustek Computer. AppleInsider said that by launching its own tablet, Google hopes to reduce the fragmentation of the Android platform, with many current Android devices running on older versions of Google’s Android OS. The same source also says that Google is planning to launch a rival to Siri for Android. With these two new tablets on the horizon, and also the aforementioned Surface, not to mention the imminent launch of lots of Windows 8 tablets, it now looks more and more likely that Apple will be announcing an iPad mini for release before the end of the year, just to remain one step ahead of the pack.

Source: Google to introduce low-priced Android tablet in 'coming weeks'

adyhooper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah heard of it but it's not yet fixed. It is yet rumor only, they haven't announced any thing like that in their latest public conference(launch of chrome book). Right now google is busy in making Android 5, there are possibilities of this tablet after the release of android 5.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maura--this will be a interesting next few weeks with this news of Google making their own Android Tablet. I like to see this healthy competition going between tablets and iPad. It just raised the bar for everybody. Looking forward to seeing the next news update from you or dgstorm.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish they would get on with it already and stop making annoucements. These are just vaporware until something hits the streets with real hardware and prices.

I don't see anyone using a Windows 8 ARM tablet if you can get one with an intel chip that runs a real version of office.

But as a I have a significant investment in Android apps and my Droid Incredible recently died, I can see myself buying an inexpensive (not cheap) Android tablet, not a premium one, though. Hurry up, Google.

I admit that I'm a fan of tablets.

I current have Windows 7 PCs/laptops, OS X laptop, iOS and ICS tablets. I also have an convertible laptop running the pre-least of Windows 8. I don' t see Windows Phone showing up in here anytime soon, though.

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ AC_OC

Sir where did you download or get your pre least of windows 8?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@ AC_OC

Sir where did you download or get your pre least of windows 8?

If you google "Windows 8 Release Preview" you will find a link to Microsoft's site where you can download it. Remember, don't put it on a production machine. It will stop working sooner or later.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there will be a large market for people who are interested in tablets in the $199 and $249 price range. So just waiting at the success of the Kindle fire.

Techgeek32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting! I would like to test both Microsoft and Google tablets. Also it will be nice if we will see an iPad mini in the future. Thanks for the great news.

Most reactions